The Downside - Louisville | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Louisville

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Despite the big score, our offense seemed to be spinning its wheels much of the night. We have the three big bursts by Neal and Johnson for 201 yards. The rest of the time we gained 317 yards in 79 plays, 4.0 yards per play. We had two offensive turnovers. Dungey was only 14 for 27 and the interception in the end zone was a bad one. Custis was triple teamed and Elmore, (admittedly not the ideal target) was just standing there, wide open.

- Our heavy package for the goal line struggles mightily to get it in there. Sometimes they make it with great effort. Sometimes they come up short. It suggests that even our improved offensive line is not great as drive-blocking and that the play calling isn’t very deceptive.

- We only out-gained them 518-413 and we helped by an amazing 17 Louisville penalties, those four turnovers, a couple of dropped passes and a couple of dropped interceptions. It could easily have been a very different game.

- What if Notre Dame stuffs our running attack and we have to have Dungey –or DeVito – pass our way to victory? Will that work against the Irish? Remember, the days of “moral victories” are over. It’s just about wins and losses now. I don’t think we can win passing the ball the way we have in four of the last five games.

- I’m pissed off that we gave up two late scores to make it 54-23. I wanted to beat them worse than they had beaten us.

- We live in a world where a quarterback named Pass is a better runner than passer. He wound up with more total offense than Dungey (276).

- Louisville lacked focus, confidence and healthy bodies. They didn’t lack for effort. When Dungey went over to make it 27-7, a Louisville lineman, watching the play go by him, sank to one knee and a hand and just gave it the 100 yard stare. It made me feel, (as much as it’s possible for Louisville players) for the guys who keep playing hard while Rome burns around them. We’ve bnen there.

never seen a team give away a game like that. geesh. that was pathetic cards. kept wanting to flip away in the second half (much like ESPN) but was hoping to see devito get some reps. all we got were a few handoffs. lastly the dome did the HOUDINI trick on senior night. lot of empty seats in the 4th qtr.
after waiting soooo long to beat up on louisville stick around and enjoy it and give the team a good sendoff.

Dungey’s int in the end zone was terrible because he had the fb wide open in the flat for an easy td but never ever looked. I had people texting me about cuse last night who had never seen them play. They were impressed but my response was wait until next year when we in theory will improve in every skill position.

spd traffic management before the game was absolutely horrible. got to syracuse at 6pm took 50 minutes to get to my parking spot down by the law school. worst i have ever seen.

It seemed (this may not be true) the only passes Dungey made were laterals and then the receiver would run for some progress. Or - - he would throw forward and our receiver would be interfered with. Finally he threw the great one in the third quarter (?) that turned into a touchdown. I hope Dino will use both quarterbacks in the Notre Dame game, because Dungey’s shoulder is having difficulty.

Another downside: my coat got its worse soaking in beer it’s ever had. All around my neckline, too. Ew! As God is my witness, I’ll never go to the Dome bagless again!

It seemed (this may not be true) the only passes Dungey made were laterals and then the receiver would run for some progress. Or - - he would throw forward and our receiver would be interfered with. Finally he threw the great one in the third quarter (?) that turned into a touchdown. I hope Dino will use both quarterbacks in the Notre Dame game, because Dungey’s shoulder is having difficulty.

Another downside: my coat got its worse soaking in beer it’s ever had. All around my neckline, too. Ew! As God is my witness, I’ll never go to the Dome bagless again!

Well you should have better aim and hit your mouth when you're throwing those beers down beadle!

Funny, I don’t see the posters chiming in here like they were when we were bringing up the same issues/nitpicking postgame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom