The Downside - NC State II | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - NC State II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I can remember decades ago when my brother and I were watching an NFL films summary of the previous; weekends pro football action and we observed the games between the NFL’s best teams and their worst teams. Were not as interesting as the games between their middle teams, teams that had good players but not quite enough of them or who lacked depth or had too many injuries or whose coaches weren’t the cleverest. It resulted in an agreeable unpredictability. Teams would look great one week and lousy the next – you never knew what you would get. Many of the games were back-and fourth and you didn’t know who would win. That’s where we are in the ACC – part of the jambalaya in the middle of the pack. It’s not dull but it can be nerve-racking.

- Bourama Sidibe couldn’t play at all. I think he’s done for the year and the dream of seeing what this team could have bene with him is dying. None of the other centers got a shot, probably because we were going so well with the line-up we had. I saw Frank Anselem talking to Quincy when he fouled out. He looked healthy, which doesn’t mean he is but I wouldn’t mind seeing something form him before the end of the season. I’d also like to see some of Jesse and even John Bol Ajak. It’s hard to believe that they can’t give us anything.

- The refereeing seemed strange. Marek draws a charge but Higgins seemed reluctant to single the call. Then, as we are inbounding, Alan Griffin gets called for some sort of foul. It seemed like a make-up call although the charge was good call. On the next possession NC State’s Allen lost possession of his dribble. The ball came right to Griffin, who started dribbling downcourt and the ref called a foul even though there had bene no contact. Matt Park said the foul was a “reach in on Buddy Boeheim on the other side of the court.” If he was on the other side of the court, what was he reaching into?

- I can remember decades ago when my brother and I were watching an NFL films summary of the previous; weekends pro football action and we observed the games between the NFL’s best teams and their worst teams. Were not as interesting as the games between their middle teams, teams that had good players but not quite enough of them or who lacked depth or had too many injuries or whose coaches weren’t the cleverest. It resulted in an agreeable unpredictability. Teams would look great one week and lousy the next – you never knew what you would get. Many of the games were back-and fourth and you didn’t know who would win. That’s where we are in the ACC – part of the jambalaya in the middle of the pack. It’s not dull but it can be nerve-racking.

- Bourama Sidibe couldn’t play at all. I think he’s done for the year and the dream of seeing what this team could have bene with him is dying. None of the other centers got a shot, probably because we were going so well with the line-up we had. I saw Frank Anselem talking to Quincy when he fouled out. He looked healthy, which doesn’t mean he is but I wouldn’t mind seeing something form him before the end of the season. I’d also like to see some of Jesse and even John Bol Ajak. It’s hard to believe that they can’t give us anything.

- The refereeing seemed strange. Marek draws a charge but Higgins seemed reluctant to single the call. Then, as we are inbounding, Alan Griffin gets called for some sort of foul. It seemed like a make-up call although the charge was good call. On the next possession NC State’s Allen lost possession of his dribble. The ball came right to Griffin, who started dribbling downcourt and the ref called a foul even though there had bene no contact. Matt Park said the foul was a “reach in on Buddy Boeheim on the other side of the court.” If he was on the other side of the court, what was he reaching into?
An official's name Higgins says it all about strange refereeing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom