The Downside - North Florida | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - North Florida

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We showed we could beat North Florida at what was essentially their own game but I doubt we’ll see an opponent like this the rest of the way so this game doesn’t tell us much about what the future holds.

- I’m disappointed with Bourama Sidibie. He got two early fouls, one on a rebound he allowed a smaller player to rip out of his hands. He reached out to grab the guy on the way down court. He got a beautiful lob but just gathered it in, brought it down and dribbled it, allowing the defense to close on him and block the shot. Jim went to playing without a center, which hurt our rebounding. After the game Jim said that Bourama is incapable of scoring except on rebounds and put-backs. Where is the guy who had 18 point and 16 rebounds as a freshman at Pittsburgh? Where is the guy in this highlight film?
Bourama’s knees are OK but he seems to have lost his confidence somewhere along the way.
- Robert Braswell played 8 minutes and hit a three but had no other stats. JB pulled him because “he was getting killed on the boards”.

- The refs had a stretch of 4-5 plays on our offensive end where they called nothing. Elijah mad e a nice move to the basket but his shot wound up headed for the foul line. He couldn’t have been that inaccurate without being fouled. On another Quincy got undercut and wound up flat on his fanny. I thought JB was going to get a technical. On the defensive end, Boruama was held back from getting a rebound because a guy grabbed his pants. Can he join the Me Too movement?

"Where is the Bourama who went 18 and 16 against Pitt?" I've been wondering.

-
Where is the guy in this highlight film
?

He's still here. He got swatted about five times in his own 'mix tape' video. that wasn't a harbinger of good things.

So is it the step up in competition? Loss of agility and explosiveness from the knee issues? Loss of confidence? Limitations of the system he plays in? A little of all of these?

At this stage I would be happy with 50% of the player on that highlight tape

so_say_we_all1.gif

I've always been a believer that there are certain guys/personality types that lose confidence in themselves due to the way that JB handles them. Some guys need the coach to show confidence in them even if he doesn't have it, ignore the mistakes and allow them to play through while they build confidence. I think CD Bay is one of those guys.

Perhaps that wasn't really Bourama. Maybe it was his twin visiting and they did the old switcheroo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom