The Downside - Oakland | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Oakland

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Those first 13:37 were worrisome. We were trading baskets with an 2-8 team. You’re not in control of a game unless you are controlling it on defense.

- Out outside game is still a concern. We were 8 for 20 but that’s probably our ceiling. Joe Girard was 4 for 7 and Symir Torrance 2 for 3, (which we can’t rely on. Everybody else was 2 for 10, including 1 for 4 from Chris Bell.

- Not everybody sang on-key. Quadir Copeland hasn’t yet figured out how to play the game on this level: going 1 for 6 and passing for 2 turnovers but no assists. Mounir Hima, who JB says has to learn that he doesn’t have to leave his feet, committed 3 fouls in 8 minutes.

- Our walk-ons stink. I thought for sure we’d get to 100 but they got 2 points in the last 4:51. They were 0 for 5 from the field, 0 for 2 from the foul line, (Justin Taylor was still in the game to hit a jumper with 4:07 left) and had 4 turnovers while allowing Oakland to score the game’s last 11 points.

- What does this game tell us about how our other games will go?

Last edited:
We played down to our opponent. Especially after the big ND win. We exhaled for now.

For real? We were beating them by 42 points at one point.
He may have meant in the beginning. I couldn’t watch the game in real time but I knew the final outcome when I began to watch. I kept wondering when we were going to turn on the gas? It began to happen in the last five minutes of the first half and I haven’t been able to watch the second half yet. I look forward to it!

He may have meant in the beginning. I couldn’t watch the game in real time but I knew the final outcome when I began to watch. I kept wondering when we were going to turn on the gas? It began to happen in the last five minutes of the first half and I haven’t been able to watch the second half yet. I look forward to it!
Maybe. We took a 22-21 lead with 10:26 left in the first half and rolled from there. If we had a hangover from the ND game it wasn't on the offensive end. Very few teams are going to dominate on both ends for 40 minutes. Very much looking forward to Saturday's game.

Wow, we played so well overall that you have to criticize walk-ons in your downside. Those kids work hard for little reward, there is no point in criticizing them.

Wow, we played so well overall that you have to criticize walk-ons in your downside. Those kids work hard for little reward, there is no point in criticizing them.
They wear the uniform and were being compared to other walk ons from SUs past . I thought the same but didn't post. I only remember them getting 1 shot off, the rest were throws. Their problem in my opinion is they were still playing against Oakland's starters. Their best player score most of his points against our walk ons. Hard to properly evaluate their ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom