The Downside - Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Wake Forest

SWC75

Bored Historian
- For years we’ve recruited defensive backs. Williams, Melifonwu, Cisco, Williams, Chestnut, Carter, etc. Those guys are gone and we are left with the etc. Cinco is good. Baron is good. Maybe some of the other guys will be good someday. But right now, our pass defense isn’t very good. Michael Kern passed for 81 yards last week and 261 yards this week.

- Adam Terry did a good job of explaining the impact of the ‘mesh’ offense on the pass rush: just as it creates uncertainty in the run defense because you don’t know which guys is going to wind up with the ball, he pass rushers don’t know that either and they don’t know it will be a pass or not. Any time you can get defenders standing there, waiting to see what they have to defend against, they aren’t going to make big plays. Our pass rush has bene mediocre at any rate, (where are you Alton Robinson and Kendall Coleman), and in, his game, it was mostly non-existent until the end, when the defense had to make a play or lose.

- Maybe Brady Denaburg will make a 50+ field goal someday. Actually, I thought he’d made it this day, (I’m at 117zz: the 25 on that end of the field, behind the visitor’s bench but at the top of that level).

- How is there not a call when our punt returner get levelled? But Justin Barron gets called when he tackles a guy in bound but shove the guy out of bounds?

- Dino should have been there, coaching his team. I guess it’s his fault he isn’t: he lost too many games and turned down Wildhack’s offer to coach the last game. But this was your family, Dino. They were playing a game and passionately trying to win. Why weren’t you there?

- For years we’ve recruited defensive backs. Williams, Melifonwu, Cisco, Williams, Chestnut, Carter, etc. Those guys are gone and we are left with the etc. Cinco is good. Baron is good. Maybe some of the other guys will be good someday. But right now, our pass defense isn’t very good. Michael Kern passed for 81 yards last week and 261 yards this week.

- Adam Terry did a good job of explaining the impact of the ‘mesh’ offense on the pass rush: just as it creates uncertainty in the run defense because you don’t know which guys is going to wind up with the ball, he pass rushers don’t know that either and they don’t know it will be a pass or not. Any time you can get defenders standing there, waiting to see what they have to defend against, they aren’t going to make big plays. Our pass rush has bene mediocre at any rate, (where are you Alton Robinson and Kendall Coleman), and in, his game, it was mostly non-existent until the end, when the defense had to make a play or lose.

- Maybe Brady Denaburg will make a 50+ field goal someday. Actually, I thought he’d made it this day, (I’m at 117zz: the 25 on that end of the field, behind the visitor’s bench but at the top of that level).

- How is there not a call when our punt returner get levelled? But Justin Barron gets called when he tackles a guy in bound but shove the guy out of bounds?

- Dino should have been there, coaching his team. I guess it’s his fault he isn’t: he lost too many games and turned down Wildhack’s offer to coach the last game. But this was your family, Dino. They were playing a game and passionately trying to win. Why weren’t you there?
"Dino should have been there, coaching his team."

I'm not sure I understand this. I hear the argument for coaching the last game, but many on the board have been clamoring for Dino to be gone since the loss to Clemson rising to a crescendo after BC. Then when Dino is dismissed, they are offended that he didn't stick around for one more game.

I'm not sure I understand this. I hear the argument for coaching the last game, but many on the board have been clamoring for Dino to be gone since the loss to Clemson rising to a crescendo after BC. Then when Dino is dismissed, they are offended that he didn't stick around for one more game.

As did Robinson and Shafer. And Dino was the who stressed "family".

But they might have lost with him there, thought it was a good idea not to coach the last game.

Same coaching staff, same players. They won the game.

Same coaching staff, same players. They won the game.

Same coaching staff?

But other than that, how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?

Honestly, I think we lose that game if Dino had coached it.

Initially I was a little irked that he opted out (unlike GERG and FHCSMFS), but in retrospect,
it was the best thing that never happened.

Most of us wanted him gone for failing to elevate the program. But he recruited these kids and coached them up as best he and staff could - why not coach them one last time? I think what’s upsetting is that this looks like Dinos hurt ego getting in the way of a fond farewell to his charges.

One thing I haven’t heard much speculated here is that Dino had issues with some of the players. Villari suggested there were cultural and disciplinary issues. Maybe Dino, like the fans, was sick of dealing with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom