The Downside - Wisconsin | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Wisconsin

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I, like everybody else, came into this week’s games thinking we had at least the makings of a strong team but we got easily handled by two good power conference teams and now I, like everyone else, am wondering if we are even a good team. We certainly aren’t one now.

- I thought with our height and length that we’d have a good defensive team. But it’s not enough to be big. You’ve got to move your feet and move your hands and you’ve got to know where you are supposed to be and what you are supposed to do and we don’t, don’t, don’t’ and don’t. That makes it easy for a quality, veteran offensive team to slice us up the way the badgers did tonight. Big guys playing bad basketball aren’t much better than small guys playing bad basketball.

- It’s much the same on offense where it’s hard to tell what the plan is. Our best player attempted two shots in the second half. Andrew White had 14 points in the first half and none in the second. We’ve had 18 assists and 27 turnovers in these two games.

- I was encouraged at halftime because not only had we rallied to get back in the game at 39-43 after being down by 14 but we were actually leading in rebounds, 16-15. This after we got murdered on the boards by this team last year 25-51 in a game where we led most of the way and lost in overtime. If figured that if we hung with them on the boards, we could beat them. in the second half, we got 9 rebound and they got 25 and won by 17.

- We have plenty of centers but none of them are satisfactory. Lydon can play there against certain teams but not against a team like Wisconsin. Coleman did pretty well on offense but was more than a step slow on defense and can’t block shots. Chukwu is useless and Thompson doesn’t rebound or defend. Coleman is the only one with any muscle and he has no hops or mobility.

- “Turned off Robey” followed up his 1 point, 6 rebound performance against South Carolina with a 0 point 2 rebound night vs. Wisconsin. He was pulled after 13 minutes. If he’s not going to bring it, we aren’t going to beat anybody any good.

- I, like everybody else, came into this week’s games thinking we had at least the makings of a strong team but we got easily handled by two good power conference teams and now I, like everyone else, am wondering if we are even a good team. We certainly aren’t one now.

- I thought with our height and length that we’d have a good defensive team. But it’s not enough to be big. You’ve got to move your feet and move your hands and you’ve got to know where you are supposed to be and what you are supposed to do and we don’t, don’t, don’t’ and don’t. That makes it easy for a quality, veteran offensive team to slice us up the way the badgers did tonight. Big guys playing bad basketball aren’t much better than small guys playing bad basketball.

- It’s much the same on offense where it’s hard to tell what the plan is. Our best player attempted two shots in the second half. Andrew White had 14 points in the first half and none in the second. We’ve had 18 assists and 27 turnovers in these two games.

- I was encouraged at halftime because not only had we rallied to get back in the game at 39-43 after being down by 14 but we were actually leading in rebounds, 16-15. This after we got murdered on the boards by this team last year 25-51 in a game where we led most of the way and lost in overtime. If figured that if we hung with them on the boards, we could beat them. in the second half, we got 9 rebound and they got 25 and won by 17.

- We have plenty of centers but none of them are satisfactory. Lydon can play there against certain teams but not against a team like Wisconsin. Coleman did pretty well on offense but was more than a step slow on defense and can’t block shots. Chukwu is useless and Thompson doesn’t rebound or defend. Coleman is the only one with any muscle and he has no hops or mobility.

- “Turned off Robey” followed up his 1 point, 6 rebound performance against South Carolina with a 0 point 2 rebound night vs. Wisconsin. He was pulled after 13 minutes. If he’s not going to bring it, we aren’t going to beat anybody any good.
It's amazing the "The Downside" is so brief.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom