The Duke game is irking me | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Duke game is irking me

Yeah I think using the excuse of needing the money to back it up is a bad one. Those who had and purchased extra tickets.. were given the option to buy more than they should have been and rightfully took advantage. Plain and simple the thinking by the university wasn't the best in terms of the Duke game and therefore they created this possibility.

Chill out? No. I wasn't attacking anyone and said it's their right to sell if they wanted to. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
I've been to every home game so far except Indiana, for which I was out of town. I'll be at Duke, but like a previous poster said, there is a price for every ticket. If an anonymous fan offered $10,000 for each ticket you own, would you honestly turn it down? What if you knew it were a duke fan?

I've been to every home game so far except Indiana, for which I was out of town. I'll be at Duke, but like a previous poster said, there is a price for every ticket. If an anonymous fan offered $10,000 for each ticket you own, would you honestly turn it down? What if you knew it were a duke fan?

But you aren't getting $10k. You are getting $500 or so, unless you have really good seats. So your question isn't realistic. If you have really good seats, ie courtside, you likely don't need the money.

Last year, I bought Villanova tickets down low. The were several other Syracuse fans near my daughter and me. Some Villanova fans were cordial and very respectful. There were others that thought we Syracuse fans should sit in the nosebleed section and they let it be known to us. At that time, I thought there was no way that the Syracuse fan base would be as ridiculous as some of the Nova fans. I am now changing my opinion.
If you can not enjoy the game sitting near somebody in blue, maybe you should get help. Most of us that have traveled to the other venues have sat in sections that belonged to the home team. Should any fan be limited to where they sit or should the market and their wallet determine what seats they can afford? Also, would you be complaining if this were the Cornell game and a Cornell fan sat near you?

I think the real issue is the season ticket holders getting to buy upto an additional 6 tickets before they were avilable to everyone else. Its like the university was like here enjoy scalping these 6 tickets.

If you can not enjoy the game sitting near somebody in blue, maybe you should get help.

C'mon now. I consider myself about as loyal an SU fan as there is, and as long as I could watch SU bball or football, I don't care if I was sitting next to Satan himself. Doesn't mean I have to like it, hence my OP.

Heard in the hallway:

HJB: "So will you sell me your Duke tickets for a dollar each?"

Rocco, 690West: "What are you, nuts? Man, I bleed Orange and I wouldn't miss this game for anything!"

HJB: "OK will you sell me your tickets for $1 million each?"

Rocco, 690West: "Of course! Who wouldn't? Oh man, the things I could do with that money!"

HJB: "Well now that we've established what you are, it's simply a matter of negotiating the price."

(Hat tip to Winston Churchill.)

Great call. Everyone who is thinking of selling their ticket should read this
Heard in the hallway:

HJB: "So will you sell me your Duke tickets for a dollar each?"

Rocco, 690West: "What are you, nuts? Man, I bleed Orange and I wouldn't miss this game for anything?"

HJB: "OK will you sell me your tickets for $1 million each?"

Rocco, 690West: "Of course! Who wouldn't? Oh man, the things I could do with that money!"

HJB: "Well now that we've established what you are, it's simply a matter of negotiating the price."

(Hat tip to Winston Churchill.)
lol. Nice. The whole point is that it's $500. I find that in my couch cushion. Haha

dude I'm usually there right with you on everything on these boards. I've wrestled long and hard on the Duke game as the extra $ would be a nice kick in the wallet right now, but, alas, I'm still going (it was close). I get the allure of why some may want the extra cash. I've missed several games this year selling off a couple, giving away a few but ALWAYS and only to SU fans.

It's like I tell the young people in my life, always vote with your wallet in mind. Same here if your wallet is telling you it needs more in it heed that call, if not, thank our lucky stars...

You made the right call my friend!!!

After all the grief I read on here for potentially moving the court to the middle of the field, I seriously hope no season ticket holders sold their tix!

I understand the amount of money that people are able to get by selling their Duke tickets, and many people already have. You have every right to sell them and make money off of them too. However, as a season ticket holder, why would you NOT want to go to the game? This is why you get season tickets in the first place isn't it? Sure you could almost pay for your entire season by selling your Duke tickets, but that just potentially allows some Duke clown to sit in your seats. It's games like this that baffle me.

It greatly upset me how much baby blue I saw at the Dome on Saturday. Many of whom were sitting in season ticket holders' seats. There wasn't a ton, but enough that you could certainly notice looking around. Some of those UNC fans were losers, too. Don't cloud the experience for everyone else in your section by selling your ticket to a fan of the other team. Again, it's your choice as a season ticket holder to do that, but does anyone else on here agree with me?

I can only imagine how many Duke shirts we're all going to have to see in a few weeks. If you haven't already sold your tickets, please reconsider and show up donning your best Orange gear.

Thanks, sorry for my rant but had to get this off my chest.
I imagine Georgetown season ticket holders have posted similar messages on their board.

Last year, I bought Villanova tickets down low. The were several other Syracuse fans near my daughter and me. Some Villanova fans were cordial and very respectful. There were others that thought we Syracuse fans should sit in the nosebleed section and they let it be known to us. At that time, I thought there was no way that the Syracuse fan base would be as ridiculous as some of the Nova fans. I am now changing my opinion.
If you can not enjoy the game sitting near somebody in blue, maybe you should get help. Most of us that have traveled to the other venues have sat in sections that belonged to the home team. Should any fan be limited to where they sit or should the market and their wallet determine what seats they can afford? Also, would you be complaining if this were the Cornell game and a Cornell fan sat near you?

I agree. I will greatly enjoy screaming in Duke fans ears while we run them out of the Dome, if any of them are around me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom