The Dungey Slide | Syracusefan.com

The Dungey Slide

Because there wasn't anything to throw a flag for? Did you watch the replay, even with my orange colored glasses on I realized it looked worse live than what actually happened. ED slid, the defender tried diving over him and his knee hit ED's back/shoulder. What was there to flag?

Because there wasn't anything to throw a flag for? Did you watch the replay, even with my orange colored glasses on I realized it looked worse live than what actually happened. ED slid, the defender tried diving over him and his knee hit ED's back/shoulder. What was there to flag?
It was a heckuva Duke flop though...

Are you not responsible for your body? Could've easily been a late hit & wiped out the holding call. Not overly upset about it but I've seen very similar plays flagged when the defender is trying all he can to avoid contact but can't. Intent isn't a requirement for a late hit call.

Now, the fact that Dungey had to sit out after removing his own helmet well after the whistle & then the timeout is much more maddening.

The guy made every attempt not to hit him, I love the Cuse, but if they threw a flag on that one I would have been pissed.

Dungey slid once (to my memory) and got hit which is supposed to be an automatic penalty, regardless of circumstance. He dove another time and had the ball spotted at the beginning of the dive, which made us not get a first down (and is actually the slide rule and not applicable for a dive). The officiating was absolutely horrible all around against us, which is shocking given that they were acc refs. I’d be interested to know if they get a call from swofford on Monday.

The guy made every attempt not to hit him, I love the Cuse, but if they threw a flag on that one I would have been pissed.
I hear you. I've just seen it flagged numerous times. Especially a knee to the head. Certainly didn't decide the game, we did that all on our own.

Yeah if the defender "tired" to jump over Dungey he had concert in his shoes...

Are you not responsible for your body? Could've easily been a late hit & wiped out the holding call. Not overly upset about it but I've seen very similar plays flagged when the defender is trying all he can to avoid contact but can't.

Now, the fact that Dungey had to sit out after removing his own helmet well after the whistle & then the timeout is much more maddening.

Then you didn't watch any of the replays. Nobody throws the flag on that play. Defender tried missing ED, even diving over top of him to not hit him. Nothing to throw a flag for.

We're really reaching if that's a play to talk about.

Yeah if the defender "tired" to jump over Dungey he had concert in his shoes...

Maybe you should watch all the tv angles before writing things that are wrong. It's more than obvious what happened.

Maybe you should watch all the tv angles before writing things that are wrong. It's more than obvious what happened.

I watched all the replays, but thanks for the advice. Yes ONE leg kind of came up and the other just stayed waaaaaaaay to close to the ground. If that is a jump in his not SEC talent lol.

I got a little roughed up by the LSU player up after a score a touchdown. I thought it was gonna be a flag on that but no

I watched all the replays, but thanks for the advice. Yes ONE leg kind of came up and the other just stayed waaaaaaaay to close to the ground. If that is a jump in his not SEC talent lol.

The guy dove through the air with a split second to make that physical move. No surprise his form wasn't perfect but it's pretty clear he made an attempt to avoid hitting ED.

Love Dungey but he seems to get hit in the head even when sliding. Thought he had a good game.

I don't think trying to avoid him is a factor in the rules.

The rules also don't state that zero contact can be made on the QB once he initiates his slide.

The guy dove through the air with a split second to make that physical move. No surprise his form wasn't perfect but it's pretty clear he made an attempt to avoid hitting ED.
Yes clearly his one leg did, but his other tree trunk was rooted to the ground. In my opinion that's not every attempt, but all that matters at this point is the refs thought he did so oh well.

Yes clearly his one leg did, but his other tree trunk was rooted to the ground. In my opinion that's not every attempt, but all that matters at this point is the refs thought he did so oh well.

I thought it was clear targeting when I watched it live and then for me personally, when I saw the replays I thought it was just a football play and nothing to see. The rule does state that it has to be considered "a hit" by the defender and I didn't think the defender made an attempt to hit ED, personally thought he tried to mostly do the opposite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom