The end game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The end game

You are clueless. Check the score of USF-Lville and get back to me. Different universe my ass.
Tell you what. Around 4:00 PM Saturday, I'll come back and say "Damn, you were right!" Should my prediction not be correct.

And, by the way, the transitive property doesn't work.

Tell you what. Around 4:00 PM Saturday, I'll come back and say "Damn, you were right!" Should my prediction not be correct.

Yep UL could beat most NFL teams. We probably should just mail it in.

We will just have to outshoot L'ville because they're certainly going to get their fair share of points. Our aggressive blitzing type D is solid against the non-dual threat athletic qb, but gets completely exposed against the dual threaters along with our poor/sloppy tacklers. We've had all kinds of difficulty stopping the run the past couple of weeks giving guys career days...see similar issues with L'ville & Mizzou.

Yep UL could beat most NFL teams. We probably should just mail it in.
Not talking about Louisville playing an NFL team. I'm talking about them playing SU. Teams in the top 10 consistently find ways to win when they get in close games. Teams ranked around, what 70? like SU, rarely do. Teams in the top 10 win the games they should win convincingly.

Read my ther posts. I understand the transitive property doesn't work. I have seen them play, know their body of work. They haven't dominated anyone this year save Temple yesterday. Lvull isn't a team that destroys people so this "we won't come within 3 TDs" nonsense is just negativity for negativitys sake. This is a winnable game, like the previous 8 games (except for USC).

Not talking about Louisville playing an NFL team. I'm talking about them playing SU. Teams in the top 10 consistently find ways to win when they get in close games. Teams ranked around, what 70? like SU, rarely do. Teams in the top 10 win the games they should win convincingly.

Another guy who looks at the number next to the name and takes it as gospel. Just like Rutgers was the 15th best team in the country until they lost to a MAC team. Louisvilles ranking is a product of the weakness of their conference and their OOC schedule. You need to start watching some more football.

Oh I completely agree, transitive property is basically useless in CFB. But at this point n the year, we have all watched a fair amount of CFB to know how our team stacks up. Lville is no juggernaut that we should be bowing down to. Good, well coached team? Absolutely. Best in the Big east? Probably. But WVU 2011 happened just last year. It's not crazy to thnk we can't beat a top 25 team (which they are), at home.

I don't think "transative property", (comparative scores), are useless: what else have we got? But I think they are useless in evaluating this SU team. You not only cannot predict the results for this team but you can't even predict what we will be good or bad at in a particular game.

SU's offense will need to put up 30+ to beat Louisville. Which is not impossible but it will take the signature game of Nassib's career and great contributions by the WRs. Ville will get their points but Ville's D also gives up a lot through the air and has both let teams hang around and come back into games this season. They have a Top 10, maybe Top 5, offense and a mediocre D. Which makes them a more competent version of West Virginia. They have played with fire a number of times this season and are due to get burned. Hope it is against SU.

I don't think "transative property", (comparative scores), are useless: what else have we got? But I think they are useless in evaluating this SU team. You not only cannot predict the results for this team but you can't even predict what we will be good or bad at in a particular game.

In truth they are become more and more useless because of how erratic this season has been ... see my Kent St/Arkansas/Kentucky/Rutgers example. However if you look at LVille they put up decent numbers but haven't been overly impressive in any game this season. They struggled with Pitt, USF and Cincy and honestly I don't see us at 50/50 odds to win but I like our chances against them better than I would against USC or any real top 10 team ... I just don't think LVille is a top 10 team.

I think You have it dead on. I am so tired of people looking at the ranking besides these teams names and chalking up losses. Watch these games people. Louisville is not a top 10 team. They are the product of a big east schedule and a poor OOC schedule (see: Rutgers).

I like Charlie Strong a lot and Respect Teddy Bridgewater but this isn't Bama. And Shafer seems to do MUCH better against pro style type Os than he does against the USFs and Cincys of the world.

I think the Temple game will ultimately be played for the Pinstripe.

Agree, agree, agree!

There's a reason Louisville is only -3 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-2 to close is much more likely, with next year being a complete rebuild with a new QB, WRs, and losing our best defensive player and a tougher conference schedule. I don't think Marrone can save his job over the next 3 years, but he has improved things for whoever the next guy is.

We will beat Lville, lose @ Missouri and win @ Temple. Bowl bound.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Louisville may not be Bama, but they are in a different universe compared to SU. Louisville will win this game by AT LEAST 3 TDs.

Different universe? You have got to be kidding.

The yardage numbers in conference aren't that far apart. Louisville's better for sure but not that much better.

Louisville is having a great year but they're not great. They're winning a lot of close games

I normally wouldn't do this, so apologies to the rest of the board for some petty BS, but since most of your posts are served to trash the Marrone, I wanted to see if you had posted since our big win. And of course, nope. So when do I get my promised apology?

I normally wouldn't do this, so apologies to the rest of the board for some petty BS, but since most of your posts are served to trash the Marrone, I wanted to see if you had posted since our big win. And of course, nope. So when do I get my promised apology?

If my participation solely consisted of spewing negativity and making the same asinine guarantees before every game, I might be reluctant to chime in today, too.

Seriously, where are those few angry ranters from last Saturday - the "Syracuse has no chance of beating Louisville" group? And why did they bother posting on a Syracuse fan forum in the first place?

Seriously, where are those few angry ranters from last Saturday - the "Syracuse has no chance of beating Louisville" group? And why did they bother posting on a Syracuse fan forum in the first place?

They're all at the Igor Boeheimed Support (IBS) group's inaugural 2012 meeting leading up the bball season. Seeking more negativity guidance from the master himself.

I'll have some of the drugs you've been taking. There is NOT A SNOW BALL'S CHANCE IN HELL that SU beats either Louisville or Missouri. As the soup nazi said: "No bowl for you!"
Hmmmm

They're all at the Igor Boeheimed Support (IBS) group's inaugural 2012 meeting leading up the bball season. Seeking more negativity guidance from the master himself.

I think Blue Curtain is the keynote speaker at their annual Florida retreat where no internet access can be found when SU is winning.

Reactions: MCC
I think Blue Curtain is the keynote speaker at their annual Florida retreat where no internet access can be found when SU is winning.

Maybe somebody can get a cellphone video of his speech like that guy did with Romney.

Reactions: MCC
We will beat Lville, lose @ Missouri and win @ Temple. Bowl bound.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
i think the opposite we bea mizzou and lose to temple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom