the final... | Syracusefan.com

the final...

BillSU

All American
team chemistry exam was passed on the 14th and reaffirmed yesterday with a resounding 12 made three's. IMHO, there's nothing this team can't do if it plays basketball the way it did the last two games and that is key because as JB mentioned moving forward they're all tough games.

This win was one that had everything I wanted to see - a team working together, made 3's and Buddy with a team high four of them, Brissett's drives into the paint and dunks, Battles 3's and overall shooting inside and out, PC's 18 and yesterdays 11 rebounds. Marek's crisp, accurate, behind the back passing and assists and his own selfish four points. He's at his best at the top of the key or at the foul line distributing to those who have open looks. We could have done better at the FT line.

BUT, If we play like this all the way through the possibilities of our not only making the tournament are there but going deep and possibly winning it are there. Opinions? GOSU :) !

Last edited:
It’s amazing to me that we had such an horrific game three games ago but because we won the last two (albeit one spectacularly) many of us now feel confident that the team is getting its act together. Because that is exactly the way I feel! We all knew these players were capable and talented. So frustrating to watch them regress, and go up and down, backwards and forwards. Who can blame us for feeling vertigo?

It’s amazing to me that we had such an horrific game three games ago but because we won the last two (albeit one spectacularly) many of us now feel confident that the team is getting its act together. Because that is exactly the way I feel! We all knew these players were capable and talented. So frustrating to watch them regress, and go up and down, backwards and forwards. Who can blame us for feeling vertigo?

Are you sure your vertigo is just from the game? ;) I know mine isnt.

Even though Brissett had a hard time finishing, I still am way happier with his style of play yesterday that what he had done previously.

He’s fine when he plays to win games instead of auditioning for the NBA

Maybe a bit off topic, but...speaking of "The Final"(***)... if you arrived there to watch, would anyone else immediately think bad thoughts when you saw the slogan was "The road ends here(tm)"?!? (similar to my reaction of seeing McCartney sing "Live and Let Die" as the finale of a multi-star benefit concert right after a bunch of folks died, although some on here tried to set me straight when I first mentioned that).

I dont know, maybe I have a bit of automatic negative thinking at times, but I seriously hated seeing that...and the result seemed to fit the reaction. I suppose it could be seen as a good thing, as it may have influenced me to drink heavily outside after seeing CTO gawking at may SOBoeheim shirt, being I had no idea that beer was BANNED on the inside. I even tried to bribe at least one employee(memory isnt too clear, ATM) to no avail. TF*.

So is that the yearly slogan, or were we just unfortunate to be stuck with such a crummy one(in my opinion)?

Last edited: