The first 1/4 of the season has been nearly best case scenario | Syracusefan.com

The first 1/4 of the season has been nearly best case scenario

RF2044

Living Legend
3-0!

But I say, "nearly," because of the injuries to Thompson / Elmore. But to beat Louisville [who've handled us in recent years] and Purdon't -- a team that went 9-3 last year -- is about as best case scenario as we could hope for. We're off to a 3-0 start, without having to "schedule" or way to easy wins, and we've proven our mettle against two P5, quality opponents.

Next three weeks set up well, which gets us to the half-way point of the season. UVA sucks, and barely beat Old Dominion yesterday [14-12]. I anticipate that this exciting win will generate some enthusiasm and we'll blow the new roof off the Dome Friday.

Then, we have a tomato can against Wagner -- which sets up a very realistic scenario to be 5-0.

THEN we have a bye week. Great time for a break in the season -- both in terms of resting / healing up, but also in terms of an extra week to get ready for NC State.

They are really, really, really good. But why the heck not? They have to play Clemson and FSU in the two weeks leading up to our game, so who knows what the state of their locker room will be. Can't wait to see how the next three games play out.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Last edited:
I don't think NC St D Line is as good as Purdue and I don't think Leary is as good as AOC. I feel with an A- or better performance we can squeak out a 3 to 10 point victory.

Chris Fallica hinted on Gameday about us being a potential spot for the NC State week if we get there 5-0. They were talking about P5 schools who haven’t hosted Gameday when discussing the Purdue game and the crew clearly has discussed us as a landing spot.

Chris Fallica hinted on Gameday about us being a potential spot for the NC State week if we get there 5-0. They were talking about P5 schools who haven’t hosted Gameday when discussing the Purdue game and the crew clearly has discussed us as a landing spot.
Who are the teams who haven’t hosted?

nC state has Clemson and fla st before us. I hope they win both of those when they come in. They should be beat up and emotionally exhausted.

3-0!

But I say, "nearly," because of the injuries to Thompson / Elmore. But to beat Louisville [who've handled us in recent years] and Purdon't -- a team that went 9-3 last year -- is about as best case scenario as we could hope for. We're off to a 3-0 start, without having to "schedule" or way to easy wins, and we've proven our mettle against two P5, quality opponents.

Next three weeks set up well, which gets us to the half-way point of the season. UVA sucks, and barely beat Old Dominion yesterday [14-12]. I anticipate that this exciting win will generate some enthusiasm and we'll blow the new roof off the Dome Friday.

Then, we have a tomato can against Wagner -- which sets up a very realistic scenario to be 5-0.

THEN we have a bye week. Great time for a break in the season -- both in terms of resting / healing up, but also in terms of an extra week to get ready for NC State.

They are really, really, really good. But why the heck not? They have to play Clemson and FSU in the two weeks leading up to our game, so who knows what the state of their locker room will be. Can't wait to see how the next three games play out.

Let's Go Orange!!!
NC State’s defense is really really good - their offense is pretty really bad

Can't stand NC State but that team tends to have our number like Pitt so I would be pleasantly surprised if we beat them. Right now I don't see that happening.

I don't think NC St D Line is as good as Purdue and I don't think Leary is as good as AOC. I feel with an A- or better performance we can squeak out a 3 to 10 point victory.
Leary can throw AND get out of the pocket. He‘s tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom