The First Syracuse Mention in CBB Corruption Trial | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The First Syracuse Mention in CBB Corruption Trial

Maybe, but the conclusions you draw from those facts are not necessarily valid.
And the Bernie Fine federal investigation resulted in nada as well.

Pretty naive to believe that "most of the other 'major' programs" were involved and we were not, if that is what you are suggesting.

I refuse to believe that JB is either a Saint or completely out of the loop in terms of employing tactics that "most of the other 'major' programs are and he'd have to be one or the other based on your belief.
That would stand to reason.
But the results on the court don't support the allegations of pay for play.
So it seems we're coming to a point where it's reasonable to ask whether some teams may be entitled to refunds?

As usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Ive stated this multiple times on here before. When coach k, jb and roy were all interviewed together last year during the ncaat, the response consistent among all three was “doesnt the fbi have more important issues to worry about?” If youre 100% uninvolved with this stuff, that isnt your primary response. Coach k also said college basketball is cleaner then its ever been. So obviously he knows what goes down or has in the past but never did anything or report anyone. Why is that?

I dont believe jb has actively tried to pay a player. Would i be surprised if he looked the other way when a quid pro quo was offered from a third party? No.
If a player is being directed by an agent behind the scenes as to where his best possible spot would be to land, how would coaches know about that? And Syracuse is a high profile, big media program that offers showcase spots for talented athletes.

If a player is being directed by an agent behind the scenes as to where his best possible spot would be to land, how would coaches know about that? And Syracuse is a high profile, big media program that offers showcase spots for talented athletes.

The idea that whatever is going on isn't well known to insiders is simply not credible. If you worked in sales and were regularly losing plum sales/accounts to your biggest competitors and didn't spend significant effort to find out why you were losing out to your competitor you wouldn't be much of a salesman and probably wouldn't last long in your job.

LOL. "They're all cheaters, his whole --ing staff," Dawkins says of Jamie Dixon's TCU program on one of the videos.

The idea that whatever is going on isn't well known to insiders is simply not credible. If you worked in sales and were regularly losing plum sales/accounts to your biggest competitors and didn't spend significant effort to find out why you were losing out to your competitor you wouldn't be much of a salesman and probably wouldn't last long in your job.
Every player of any ability has many people giving him advice and directing him. Should the athletic department do a background investigation on all these people? If a coach or his staff isn't aren't involved in money transfers, and that includes okaying it, I fail to see how that is a violation. The coach gives the player a reasonable expectation of what that player could do at his position if he works hard and plays well, I don't see any strings attached. At least at Syracuse.

And the Bernie Fine federal investigation resulted in nada as well.
I find it so strange that the Syracuse media has never closed this one out...What happened?

I find it so strange that the Syracuse media has never closed this one out...What happened?

That's the world of college sports. Lots of stories out there both nationally and some locally that never get brought to definitive conclusion. I'm not sure you can create as much smoke as there is around college sports without there being a lot more fire than has ever formally been confirmed.

Fab Melo too. Even DaJuan Coleman to an extent - he was offered something by Kentucky.
I know (as well as I can through someone close to DC2), that they told him he didn't have to go to classes or take tests. I don't know about $. That said, he was living in the JD district, and his mom wasn't.

Staff pulled Rak at the very tail end of the recruitment from Gtown too when they were for a long time considered locks.
Cooney was also involved in Rak coming. They were both from the same area in high school and AAU ball.

I know (as well as I can through someone close to DC2), that they told him he didn't have to go to classes or take tests. I don't know about $. That said, he was living in the JD district, and his mom wasn't.

You should fact check before posting. Dajuan Coleman and his family lived in the JD district. I actually know Dajuan personally. You’re wrong. You’ve done this before. Don’t post BS which you know nothing about.

Cooney was also involved in Rak coming. They were both from the same area in high school and AAU ball.

They may have played together on an AAU team, but they didn't go to the same high school or even play in a common league.

Rak was from Philadelphia and I believe went to NE Catholic in Philadelphia before transferring to Academy of the New Church in Bryn Athyn, PA. ANC is in the Philadelphia area Quaker based Friends School league. Hak played at Friends Central, which is also in this league.

Cooney was from Wilmington, DE and went to the Sanford School in Hockessin, DE.

Philadelphia and Wilmington are close enough for them to have had an AAU connection, but I don't think there was a High School connection.

If they were, then this issue is so pervasive that literally, literally, nobody's hands are clean.

Of course, we might've just lost a bunch of bidding wars, too.

This whole thing so far has only been about sneaker money. The sneaker money only goes out to a small subset of players because the companies are targeting sure things. What is more pervasive is the booster money.

Booster money, overall, is a lot bigger than sneaker money, because every school has boosters. Just because a kid isn't a McD's doesn't mean there isn't a bidding war for him. Nobody's hands are clean.

They may have played together on an AAU team, but they didn't go to the same high school or even play in a common league.

Rak was from Philadelphia and I believe went to NE Catholic in Philadelphia before transferring to Academy of the New Church in Bryn Athyn, PA. ANC is in the Philadelphia area Quaker based Friends School league. Hak played at Friends Central, which is also in this league.

Philadelphia and Wilmington are close enough for them to have had an AAU connection, but I don't think there was a High School connection.
Weren’t they best friends?

That's what I meant when I said same area. Philly and Wilmington are only about 35 miles apart.

They are ashamed of how they ran stories about child abuse around the investigation and basically led the public to believe he was a serial predator before any facts came out of the federal investigation. It was a real media hit job. The female anchor on channel 9 was especially terrible. And the feds with all their clearances to look under every rock came up with no charges.

They are ashamed of how they ran stories about child abuse around the investigation and basically led the public to believe he was a serial predator before any facts came out of the federal investigation. It was a real media hit job. The female anchor on channel 9 was especially terrible. And the feds with all their clearances to look under every rock came up with no charges.
At least, nothing within the statute of limitations.