The four best teams in the country | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The four best teams in the country

Baylor got screwed by their own conference's leadership. The committee was able to use the co-champion moniker as a scapegoat to get Ohio State and the B1G a playoff spot.

Ohio State lost to VPI but they played an extra game. That extra game is the difference. Plus TCU/Baylor OOC sucked. Minnesota was the only decent team and Baylor beat TCU.

What if next year we have 5 top teams or seven? You have to have a wide enough net to cover all of them. And I hate byes. Everyone should have to win the same number of games. You can'rt have play-in games among teams ranked this high.

They just gave a bye to Alabama amirite

Why do these clowns not realize that the Big 12 plays 9 conference games? Baylor/TCU and OSU all played 9 p5 teams before the CCG. That added game hurt the Big 12 and that to me is ridiculous.

Why do these clowns not realize that the Big 12 plays 9 conference games? Baylor/TCU and OSU all played 9 p5 teams before the CCG. That added game hurt the Big 12 and that to me is ridiculous.
PAC-12 plays 9 conference games. Baylor and TCU played OOC schedules in 111 and 120th in the country. The Big 12 wasn't that good Oklahoma lost 5 games, WVU lost 5 games and Oklahoma state and Texas finished 6-6.

PAC-12 plays 9 conference games. Baylor and TCU played OOC schedules in 111 and 120th in the country. The Big 12 wasn't that good Oklahoma lost 5 games, WVU lost 5 games and Oklahoma state and Texas finished 6-6.

But that is an extra league game and the ACC, SEC and Big 10 would all have an extra loss for half their conference.

What if next year we have 5 top teams or seven? You have to have a wide enough net to cover all of them. And I hate byes. Everyone should have to win the same number of games. You can'rt have play-in games among teams ranked this high.
Yeah I hate byes too. But these committees always seem to want to change incrementally and going from 4 to 8 is probably too much for them. I can't kill the choice of OSU too much but IMO TCU and Baylor are on the same level and are deserving to get a shot too. Didn't surprise me that the committee went with the B1G over the Big 12 and a big state u over two smaller private schools.

Also only 3 OOC games to schedule. TCU schedule played 10 P5 teams while Ohio State 9.

TCU lost to its toughest opponent their resume was not good.
Minnesota, Oklahoma, @WVU, Kansas state.

Baylor wins TCU, @Oklahoma, Kansas State.

Ohio State wins @Michigan State, Wisconsin, @ Minnesota.

Ohio State won its conference outright so I have no problem. Bevo conference did it to themselves.

Isn't there such a thing as an upset, if a mild one? It seems to me that TCU is the better team if you look at their overall accomplishments. If Texas Tech had kicked a field goal and beaten Baylor by one point and had two losses the head to head wouldn't make any difference. Is being 2-6 and -77 points against their eight common opponents much different than that?
What is the first tie breaker in any league you ever played in?

Baylor beat #9 Kansas State and won the Big 12.

They were both named Co-Champions, it wasn't won on the field in a CCG.

So much for Bevo conference thinking having only 10 teams was the easier road to the Championship. It worked out well for them.

I am also wondering how the Big 10 changed everybody's perception of them over the past 3 weeks from the weakest conference schedule to one of the best. That part makes no sense to me.

Ohio state's going to get obliterated...I think TCU or Baylor would have been a much better game.

Ohio state's going to get obliterated...I think TCU or Baylor would have been a much better game.

Another Big 10 - SEC beatdown coming, can't wait.

They were both named Co-Champions, it wasn't won on the field in a CCG.

So much for Bevo conference thinking having only 10 teams was the easier road to the Championship. It worked out well for them.

I am also wondering how the Big 10 changed everybody's perception of them over the past 3 weeks from the weakest conference schedule to one of the best. That part makes no sense to me.

By the original "one true champion" Baylor was it. The only change thy made was to include TCU.

TCU got screwed and it was all about TV.

Another Big 10 - SEC beatdown coming, can't wait.

I remember the year Ohio State and Michigan were considered by far the best two teams in football and it was kind of funny how that one turned out. And obviously Vegas has no clue since Wisconsin was a 4 point favorite last night.

Do you think there was any backdoor discussions within the Big10 that suggesting tOSU win overwhelming over Wisc? A win by Wisc would only hurt the conference and they would stay in the same bowl with a win or lose.

Scenario 1: With the lose, tOSU goes to playoffs and Wisc gets to play in either Capital One Bowl against SEC or Outback Bowl vs SEC.

Scenario 2: With the win, no Big10 team in playoffs and Wisc wins the Big10 and gets the Capital One Bowl against SEC.

I am not a conspiracy theory, just looking at it in a business matter! ($)

By the original "one true champion" Baylor was it. The only change thy made was to include TCU.

TCU got screwed and it was all about TV.

Then their conference leadership should have known how valuable having a CCG would be in the new environment and added 2 more teams. They vastly overrated their "easier road" to the championship. They basically had 2 years to fix it and didn't.

If they were in separate division in the Big12, they would have played each other in a CCG. They would not necessarily have played in the regular season and there would have been no issue.

TCU lost to its toughest opponent their resume was not good.
Minnesota, Oklahoma, @WVU, Kansas state.

Baylor wins TCU, @Oklahoma, Kansas State.

Ohio State wins @Michigan State, Wisconsin, @ Minnesota.

Ohio State won its conference outright so I have no problem. Bevo conference did it to themselves.

we agree for once

Do you think there was any backdoor discussions within the Big10 that suggesting tOSU win overwhelming over Wisc? A win by Wisc would only hurt the conference and they would stay in the same bowl with a win or lose.

Scenario 1: With the lose, tOSU goes to playoffs and Wisc gets to play in either Capital One Bowl against SEC or Outback Bowl vs SEC.

Scenario 2: With the win, no Big10 team in playoffs and Wisc wins the Big10 and gets the Capital One Bowl against SEC.

I am not a conspiracy theory, just looking at it in a business matter! ($)

the ohio state win actually hurt there conferences bowl outlook since now only 2 big 10 teams will be in new years 6 while a wisconson win would of made 3 teams likely

My question is how could Ohio State jump Baylor as the Bears played KState #9 while OSU played Wisconsin #11? Interesting that it took a blowout but Baylor won comfortably so it seems a little funky to me.

If they were truly 3A, 3B, 3C, and 3D entering yesterday, then the two most impressive teams yesterday should have gotten in.

My question is how could Ohio State jump Baylor as the Bears played KState #9 while OSU played Wisconsin #11? Interesting that it took a blowout but Baylor won comfortably so it seems a little funky to me.
Ohio State Was already ahead of Baylor before this week TCU was ahead of ohio state.

Ohio State Was already ahead of Baylor before this week TCU was ahead of ohio state.

I couldn't remember the committee's made up numbers, thanks Alsac. Kind of cool to see Urban vs Bama again.

Orange bowl Georgia Tech v. Mississippi State
Peach Bowl Ole Miss v. TCU
Cotton Bowl Baylor v. Michigan State
Fiesta Bowl Arizona v. Boise State

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online