The Future of College Football - The Power 64 | Syracusefan.com

The Future of College Football - The Power 64

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
Can you imagine how awesome this would be?

PAC-16

Pod A: Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State
Pod B: Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State
Pod C: Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State
Pod D: USC, UCLA, Stanford, California

BIG TEN

Pod A: Penn State, Purdue, Notre Dame, Northwestern
Pod B: Ohio State, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State
Pod C: Nebraska, Illinois, Kansas, Kansas State
Pod D: Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Wisconsin

SEC

Pod A: West Virginia, Louisville, Kentucky, South Carolina
Pod B: Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama, Auburn
Pod C: Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Pod D: Texas A&M, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State

ACC

Pod A: UConn, Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse
Pod B: Virginia, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Buttgers
Pod C: Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, Clemson
Pod D: Duke, North Carolina, Wake Forest, NC State

Each of the four power conferences have a four-team playoff with each Pod winner to determine the conference champions. The champions of each conference play a four-team playoff to determine the national champion.

Each team plays their three pod opponents once. Then the four teams in each pod play against the same Pod, then two additional inter-pod opponents within the conference. That's nine games.

Each team plays an additional three OOC games. At least two must be played against power conference schools. The remaining OOC game can be played against either a remaining FBS program or a FCS program.

Could it be any more perfect?

Not certain they're going to use pod systems, that's next level thinking here.

Can you imagine how awesome this would be?

BIG TEN
Pod A: Penn State, Purdue, Notre Dame, Northwestern
Pod B: Ohio State, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State
Pod C: Nebraska, Illinois, Kansas, Kansas State
Pod D: Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Wisconsin

ACC
Pod A: UConn, Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse
Pod B: Virginia, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Buttgers
Pod C: Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, Clemson
Pod D: Duke, North Carolina, Wake Forest, NC State
Each of the four power conferences has a four-team playoff with each Pod winner to determine the conference champions. The champions of each conference play a four-team playoff to determine the national champion.

Could it be any more perfect?

Yeah, Notre Dame in the ACC and Rutgers wallowing at the bottom of the B10. That would be WAY MORE perfect, IMO.

Also, all sarcasm aside, your ACC pods are so NOT competitively balanced (both football and hoops) they'd NEVER be approved by league officials.

That's why I'm willing to be that it's never gonna be pods, it's gonna be two sets of 8.

Yeah, Notre Dame in the ACC and Rutgers wallowing at the bottom of the B10. That would be WAY MORE perfect, IMO.

Also, all sarcasm aside, your ACC pods are so NOT competitively balanced (both football and hoops) they'd NEVER be approved by league officials.

That's why I'm willing to be that it's never gonna be pods, it's gonna be two sets of 8.

This is football-only. But yeah, I'm not married to the pod thing. Breaking the conferences down into two sets of 8 would be good, but I would think only those seven conference games within the 8-team region would be counted to determine the regional champs since there would be a scheduling imbalance when the other two are counted.

Nice and tidy. I wish the Big 10 would spare KS MO and IA State but that would be wishing to much. The talk of the SEC rejecting WV and that MO is now interested in joining the SEC has me reading:

The Big 10 is ok w/ 12 teams at this stage.
The SEC gets MO and will stand pat at 14 reinforces Big 10 thinking 12 is a good number to stick w/
The ACC goes to 16 w/ UConn and classless RU.
The PAC X will probably go to 16 w/ TX and TX Tech. PAC X would be ok w/ 14 w/ OK & OK St.

The Big East is dead as a football conference. No school in their right mind would want to get caught up in that hybrid BS.

WV et al joins KS et al and other et als to form a new conference that looks sorta like this

WV KS
LV KS ST
Cincy IA ST
USF Freso ST
UCF San Diego ST
Baylor Boise St
Houston Nevada
TCU Air Force

Nice and tidy. I wish the Big 10 would spare KS MO and IA State but that would be wishing to much. The talk of the SEC rejecting WV and that MO is now interested in joining the SEC has me reading:

The Big 10 is ok w/ 12 teams at this stage.
The SEC gets MO and will stand pat at 14 reinforces Big 10 thinking 12 is a good number to stick w/
The ACC goes to 16 w/ UConn and classless RU.
The PAC X will probably go to 16 w/ TX and TX Tech. PAC X would be ok w/ 14 w/ OK & OK St.

The Big East is dead as a football conference. No school in their right mind would want to get caught up in that hybrid BS.

WV et al joins KS et al and other et als to form a new conference that looks sorta like this

WV KS
LV KS ST
Cincy IA ST
USF Freso ST
UCF San Diego ST
Baylor Boise St
Houston Nevada
TCU Air Force

The Leftover-16 Conference.

I just can't imagine Kansas being left out of the power conferences...or WVU for that matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom