The Future of the Orangemen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Future of the Orangemen

what youre looking for is the 4 years spent with Saben. 2 of which where they won the National Championship.

and also produced a Heisman and a Doak Walker.

what youre looking for is someone out of Syracuse's league.

unfortunetly...

Yeah well I tell you what with all that said, if Chip Kelley becomes available by quitting the Eagles contract, I will say SU football should scoop him up in a New York Minute! That guy will turn around SU Football. Shafer, so he's a nice guy, so what, he's a good dad, go home play with your kids - not getting the job done fast enough for a program with our history of winning.

Keep an eye on Kelley, if he declares to leave the Eagles we should have the first offer to him. And he will like it, a chance to take the captain wheel at a storied winning football program. We will go back to the days of 'Cuse-Pitt being the biggest game in the country!

what youre looking for is the 4 years spent with Saben. 2 of which where they won the National Championship.

unfortunetly...

no, maybe he's a bad example because he was OC at Bama; but he went to Colorado State to be their HC, surely Syracuse is bigger than CSU?

Bama's offenses were not anywhere near high octane. They were power pro-style. The style that probably wouldn't fly here on the board. But taking Bama out of the equation I'm looking for an Offensive guy who's teams have put up numbers but who's been a HC somewhere and won games. D1 is great (Marshall, ECU etc), but I'd be more than fine with D1AA teams the score lots of points.

It goes without saying that no big name is ever going to coach here, and money doesnt win games, a no name with HC experience and a proven winning track trumps. There are plenty of guys out there at all level, who've won and who's systems put up points. I'd start there before looking at 'names'.

Guys like Montgomery are NEVER going to come here, I'd look at a guy like Dave Warner - MSU OC. If he got some lower level coaching experience and won some game he might be nice (buy then today's climate that eliminates us.)

Saltine44Retro said:
Yeah well I tell you what with all that said, if Chip Kelley becomes available by quitting the Eagles contract, I will say SU football should scoop him up in a New York Minute! That guy will turn around SU Football. Shafer, so he's a nice guy, so what, he's a good dad, go home play with your kids - not getting the job done fast enough for a program with our history of winning. Keep an eye on Kelley, if he declares to leave the Eagles we should have the first offer to him. And he will like it, a chance to take the captain wheel at a storied winning football program. We will go back to the days of 'Cuse-Pitt being the biggest game in the country!

And then we all wake up.

And then we all wake up.
We had our crack at Chip before and he stayed at Oregon. Unless Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal suddenly takes an interest in bankrolling his alma mater's struggling football program like Phil Knight did in Oregon he ain't coming here.

unfortunetly...

Ye of little faith.

All we need is a Hall-of-Fame coach who thinks Syracuse, New York is the best place on Earth.

How hard to find could that guy possibly be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom