The future of the program is bright | Syracusefan.com

The future of the program is bright

kcsu

Living Legend
These last two games have been difficult but expected. I predicted that Louisville was a top 5 team and they are so simply toss that game out. SF is Ville light, has averaged over 40 per game since the Syracuse game last year and has top 20 talent if not better. Syracuse is a team going through a total overhaul. A total radical change on both sides of the ball. We are not talking new paint and upgrading the kitchen. This is a gut job. Down to the studs and it is going to take time.
I can already see progress on the offense and i can project a year out. It looks great. The defense is much harder. First point is that regardless of the scheme, be it Shafers D or the new Tampa 2 the results would have been the same. We are playing with inferior athletes, with second and third teamers, with zero depth, in a radically new D against two top programs.
The fact that our starting DE star decided to turn pro,our two other starters got kicked off the team, the 5th year stud is starting for Michigan State vs us and our top 2 DB recruits didn't qualify let alone the injuries probably have contributed a tad more to our issues than scheme. Bottom line is this D is going to struggle every game this year as we have too much to overcome.

As to the future being bright there are many signs. Lets start at the top of the athletic department.
Our Chancellor is committed to excellence. He is as fine a leader as Syracuse has ever had and might go down as our best ever. He is committed to the athletic program and has made outstanding decisions across the board.
Sanctions, JB, Hop, Coyle, Interim ADs, Coyle leaving, Dino added to search committee, Whit, and of course the master plan including keeping our sports on campus and the new stadium design. All outstanding decisions.

Whit is next up. Great choice. Fantastic business mind who has been dedicated to Syracuse for years. Understands the importance of football and basketball success in the big picture for his school and by all accounts is one of the most respected professionals in the country. Huge homerun.

Dino, highly successful. Has won at each stop. Has a system that fits Syracuse like a glove. Dome is the perfect environment and it differentiates Syracuse in recruiting which is already showing results. He is a great hire.

When i look at a company i look at the following.
Management. I give us from the Chancellor to the AD to the Head Coach an A.
Next is infrastructure. Again A. Once the Dome is completed APlus.
Next our industry vertical. ACC Solid A especially with our new dedicated distribution through ESPN.

So to recap our future has never been brighter. We have exceptional leadership. Possibly the best combination of Chancellor AD and Coach in a very long time. We are about to have the best facilities in school history. We are in a top conference that is soon to rival any from an exposure perspective. And we have a coach who is uniquely positioned to take advantage of this scenario.

This year is going to be rough so focus on the future,enjoy the journey as within 3 years this program will once again be something we can all be proud of. The foundation for our success has never been stronger.

I agree.

However that 50 yard 4th and 1 nearly made me faint.

I agree.

I watched that play again today. Just looked like horrible assignment football. At least one guy, if not two, couldn't have been in a wronger (just made that word up) place.

That might be our new D motto. Wronger than last week.

On our 4th and 1, we tried to run thru that wall.

I watched that play again today. Just looked like horrible assignment football. At least one guy, if not two, couldn't have been in a wronger (just made that word up) place.

That might be our new D motto. Wronger than last week.

On our 4th and 1, we tried to run thru that wall.

I'm waiting for Henderson/Shy/Bennet/Zaire/Thomas or someone else to lay a Dyshawn Davis level hit on some running back on a 3rd or 4th and short.

I miss hits like that.

I just don't understand what people expected from this season? Football isn't basketball where you can get one great player and go from terrible to the Sweet 16.

Shafer left the defensive cupboard completely bare and we have season ending injuries to some good players.

And it's funny, as good as USF has been for the last year, Taggert had one of the hottest seats in football just a year ago. Now he is going to be in the running for P5 openings.

Agree completely. I don't understand everyone freaking out, the PROVEN coach has said, we will see it click midway through year two. We are seeing some good things, but wait until midway through next year. He is the guy that will get it done. We beat Colgate and some thought we were going undefeated. These past two teams were very good. FSU did worse against Louisville than us, my friend (an FSU fan) won't even return my text. That is a good sign.

I agree.

Winfield pushed to the inside and they didn't widen out to make up for that. You can't leave a third of the field undefended.

We need some of those dome renovations to be firmed up and publicly released. Anything to help the community see some of the light at the end of this tunnel. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is any other reason for the community to pay any attention to the rest of this season. Something to provide excitement for the future that I think all of us here sense is there but the larger community might not have a feel for.

I agree. Would hope the dome plan is unveiled soon.
One other point is that i dont think Dino is going anyplace. I truly believe him and he has said this is a destination for him. I also think that the administration will within reason reward him once we make the turn. I can actually see him hit 4m here if we start to win 8 or more.
This staff has a good feel to it. Its apparent that they are in sync. Dino has command and everyone understands their roles.
Rome wasnt built in a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom