The goal always was to make a bowl game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The goal always was to make a bowl game

Loser mentality any way you view it. To just put your arms in the air and say "**** happens" is a loser mentality! Like the team/coaches have no control over the outcome of things. Just a toss up and bad luck. PLEASE!
Yep, any way you view it. LOL. What a sad person you must be. I'm done.

UConn has a better defense than Louisville.

Really? Ville is top 20 in a lot of defensive stats. UConn not so much.

Sent from my DROIDX

As I said, if they end up with the same record this season or 1 game worse than they had last then this season is a failure.

Do you hold every team to that criteria or just SU?

Do you hold every team to that criteria or just SU?
Yeah every team. But I don't really care about every team, I am an SU fan and only care about if they improve
:rolleyes:

I think so too actually. But if we end up 6-6 this season is a failure and I don't want to hear about extra practice time or any other excuses or positive spins on it. This year would be an utter failure on every level. It would be a step back any way you look at it. We play in a garbage conference that is having its worst year ever probably and to end up 6-6 and get lucky the refs missed an extra pt vs Toledo and so on and so forth would be a huge step back for this program.

We lost a ton on defense and Marcus Sales on offense. No objective observer expected us to duplicate last year. Most reputable sources that I saw had us picked no higher than 4th in the conference at 7-5
If we end up at 6-6 and in a bowl in a major defensive rebuilding year, then perhaps it will be disappointing. But "an utter failure"? No the GROB years were a failure and perhaps you need to chill.

Any season that ends with a bowl game is a good season...

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Handicapping the rest of the season from easiest game to hardest I have
1. @ storz
2. USF
3. @ Pitt
4. Cincinatti

which makes next week's game Fucillo HUGE.

6-6 and a bowl win - even if it is a crappy bowl - would be a success given the poor recruiting legacy, and set the Cuse up for more practice time for the youngsters and improved preception among prospective recruits.
5-7 would be a failure. 7 or more wins is beyond expectations but no harm in hoping.

I agree
UConn game becomes huge because it's their best chance for a win from here on out.

BCS titles and Top 25 were never realistic at this stage -- maybe next year, not now.

Still a lot to play for.
. It's UConn or bust!

NOT ASKING FOR THAT!!! But, coming off a 7 win regular season last year (3 wins vs Maine Colgate, and you would hope at least they could win 7 or 8 ...at least. That's not setting the bar high at all. As I said, if they end up with the same record this season or 1 game worse than they had last then this season is a failure.

Stern,

I only became a fan of the Orange this year, but vividly recall being in your shoes 10 to 15 years ago, when the team I love was in the pits. The fans were thrilled when the team finally made its way back to their first bowl game in a decade or so, even if it was the Weedeater bowl. There was a lot of grumbling when the team failed to improve the next year, but eventually progress was made. The coach who started that progress hit the wall after four years, and was replaced in year five. But he had laid the groundwork for the program to recover, and the next coach was able to bring the team to the pinnacle of the BCS world just a few years later. That coach left for greener pastures, but the next coach was able to take what he build and improve it further. This Saturday, the two will match up again in this year's game of the century.

I don't see Syracuse making quite as much progress over the next few years, but do think they can grow to become a team that has to be reckoned with in the ACC. It just takes time for a coach to make his imprint on a team, and we are still early in Coach Marrone's tenure. Believe me, I know how frustrating the inconsistencies of the team can be during the growth process, but the payoff can also be substantial!

Stern,

I only became a fan of the Orange this year, but vividly recall being in your shoes 10 to 15 years ago, when the team I love was in the pits. The fans were thrilled when the team finally made its way back to their first bowl game in a decade or so, even if it was the Weedeater bowl. There was a lot of grumbling when the team failed to improve the next year, but eventually progress was made. The coach who started that progress hit the wall after four years, and was replaced in year five. But he had laid the groundwork for the program to recover, and the next coach was able to bring the team to the pinnacle of the BCS world just a few years later. That coach left for greener pastures, but the next coach was able to take what he build and improve it further. This Saturday, the two will match up again in this year's game of the century.

I don't see Syracuse making quite as much progress over the next few years, but do think they can grow to become a team that has to be reckoned with in the ACC. It just takes time for a coach to make his imprint on a team, and we are still early in Coach Marrone's tenure. Believe me, I know how frustrating the inconsistencies of the team can be during the growth process, but the payoff can also be substantial!
what the hell are you talking about? You are all over the map and didn't make 1 point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom