The Good-Bad of Social Media: It's a Twitter World | Syracusefan.com

The Good-Bad of Social Media: It's a Twitter World

arbitragegls

All Conference
The ramp up in the realignment mess over the last few days actually caused my firm to re-evaluate and change our policy on Twittering and FaceBook. As of today, no one in the firm may use either with their real name and/or company affiliation in any social media. In fact, new employees will be schooled in the negatives of this medium and asked not to use at all as representatives from our firm.

What is interesting is that we do use social media as a means of collecting data on those seeking emplloyment and in fact, nearly 30%+ are relagated to the scrap heap based on social media postings, photos etc that we find...all have right to say and show what they do; but as a firm we have right to select employees we believe fit the profile of social concern that we as a firm want to project to clients.

So if you are still with me, the point I am going to make is I am tired of what social media causes...STRESS, DISBELIEF, and worse. All those tweets and comments placed on the internet do not disappear...they are all there just about forever for everyone to view, see, and make a note of...fact that it can be untrue means nothing...French Model is a terrific ad that begs the point: if it is on the web it must be true...actually it may be as likely false.

Some of you are following me because of my source in a very high level at an ACC university. In fact, information to-date provided is correct. So the weight of information and lack of discussion among what we believe to be credible media sources and pundits indicate that the ACC remains in good shape. In fact, if you take a few interns and put them on tracking down a source of information that is on the Web, it comes from a few exhuberant posters-writers from a few communities. Point is, throwing enough garbage againt the wall will eventually result in something sticking. On the other hand, where there is smoke there is the likely hood of fire...in this case the conservative media have not found the fire or will not go with the story...unfortunately they cannot throw water on it and put it out. So the next days, few weeks will provide an answer for what is going on or not.

Realignment it seems to me, is good only from a financial perspective short term because I believe that eventually the fan will just throw in the towel and say...we are playing where...do I care? One fact I know is that 'Cuse is a terrific university with a very good athletic department across many sports and a good community to either grow up-in or to be schooled. Regardless of what transpires with the ACC, B!g, Big 12 or any other conference...I know that 'Cuse survives well and we will be here long after whatever takes place...laughing, rooting and enjoying those we have met and yet to meet on this board...(and yes I will continue to up-date you with what I believe is truth; albeit from a conservative perspective that is sourced through credible sources). Go 'Cuse!

Is the CIC angle anything to be concerned about with the research intensive ACC schools?

Also, I agree totally in regards to young adults scuttling their job opportunities with stupid Facebook and Twitter postings.

I believe that eventually the fan will just throw in the towel and say...we are playing where...do I care?
I know this isn't the main point of your post, but I've thought this for a while and couldn't agree more.

Thanks, Arb- not much more you or anyone else can do about any of this mess.
Its fascinating watching things "go viral", be it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, et al.
Rumors about celebrity deaths or political scandals take on a life of their own, and when enough people revisit the issue, it starts getting major play from "credible" sources, ie; " So-and-so is reporting that blah blah blah..."
Whether its true or not doesn't really matter- just that its now being reported. Its the world we live in. :blah:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom