The Greatest Plays in Syracuse Hoops History | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Greatest Plays in Syracuse Hoops History

GMac’s late 3 to tie the UConn game in the 2006 BET. After he hit that, it felt like something magical was happening and that we were going to win that tournament no matter what.

And the next game against GTown - I remember feeling strangely calm and confident even when we were down 15. But the play to put us ahead in the final seconds started by Gorman getting his hand on a pass, and ending with GMac dishing to Devendorf for the layup.

And the next game against GTown - I remember feeling strangely calm and confident even when we were down 15. But the play to put us ahead in the final seconds started by Gorman getting his hand on a pass, and ending with GMac dishing to Devendorf for the layup.

Huge underrated play, great defense by Gorman, great vision by McNamara, great anticipation by Devendorf. Love picking up the easy baskets that way, and I think that was the first tie or maybe lead change of the game. Huge.

But I wasn't confident down 15. I remember thinking that we were totally spent, it was cool that we'd finally beat UConn, but we were cooked and the second half was gonna be a bloodbath. Definitely one of the more pleasant surprises in my history of being a fan.

I missed that game live, and I've never seen video footage of that play.

I was on a co-op semester from college and watching the game with my coworker/roommate who was also an SU fan. We practically ruined the living room jumping off the furniture when the shot dropped.

It was, quite literally, a replay of the Christian Laettner shot from the year before. Same spot on the court...except Hop had a player in his face, and we had less time on the clock. It was actually a more improbable shot than Laettner's.

Huge underrated play, great defense by Gorman, great vision by McNamara, great anticipation by Devendorf. Love picking up the easy baskets that way, and I think that was the first tie or maybe lead change of the game. Huge.

But I wasn't confident down 15. I remember thinking that we were totally spent, it was cool that we'd finally beat UConn, but we were cooked and the second half was gonna be a bloodbath. Definitely one of the more pleasant surprises in my history of being a fan.

We took the lead on Devo's layup. Onions!!!

Here’s a bunch of fun ones from back in the day...

Love the play vs GTown during the furious comeback, where DC intercepts the pass, immediately outlets to Owens, who instantly gets it to Sherm, who then throws the ooop to Owens for the slam!

The ball never touches the floor, and goes from end to end in like :03 seconds. :cool:

Start at 3:23 for the GTown game in question, and the play above starts at 3:40.

Enjoy.

My god did SU win 1000-0 against Indiana in the Garden?! Incredible highlights. Too bad I was only 4 years old at the time. That must have been FUN!!!

i'm just not sure how you equate a ball that went thru the basket with a shot that had perhaps a 20% chance of going in had it not been altered.

it's actual facts and points versus maybe cudda might have. had HAK stuffed him at the rim up 2...different story. better % shot .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom