SWC75

Bored Historian
(who are at least 6-7)

Michael Gbinije 6-7 205
Chinoso Obokoh 6-9 220
Tyler Roberson 6-7 200
BJ Johnson 6-7 165
Chris McCullough 6-10 215

Yeah, I know they'll add on some pounds. But I don't think Pitt is worried aobut being knocked around by them.

(who are at least 6-7)

Michael Gbinije 6-7 205
Chinoso Obokoh 6-9 220
Tyler Roberson 6-7 200
BJ Johnson 6-7 165

Yeah, I know they'll add on some pounds. But I don't think Pitt is worried aobut being knocked around by them.
No doubt Mr. SWC75 . WE will be loaded in the future . Would be great to win the ACC in are first year !

(who are at least 6-7)

Michael Gbinije 6-7 205
Chinoso Obokoh 6-9 220
Tyler Roberson 6-7 200
BJ Johnson 6-7 165

That's great. But, can they score the basketball? At the end of the day, games are won based on an ability to put the ball in the basket.

And I'm hoping you meant 195 for Johnson.

do any of these guys have a big motor and a reputation for being nasty in the paint? for all the crap forth used to get on here, I would trade any single player on the team save for MCW and Jeremy grant for him right now. not because of talent, but because of fit and understanding how to play our system.

That's great. But, can they score the basketball? At the end of the day, games are won based on an ability to put the ball in the basket.

And I'm hoping you meant 195 for Johnson.
BJ's dad posts in the recruiting forum, I believe he recently said (correct me if I'm wrong) that BJ is 6'7.5" and 185

pitt will struggle in the ACC. They won't get a way with that crap just like they dont get away with it in the tourney.

I think a lot of you missed his point.

I wasn't looking forward to theses guys coming in and dazzling everybody, (I hope they will), but failing to see the kind of "banger" we need to contend with a team like Pitt. Coleman will be the only tall guy who isn't a stringbean.

BJ's dad posts in the recruiting forum, I believe he recently said (correct me if I'm wrong) that BJ is 6'7.5" and 185

I'm using the numbers on this site on the recruiting page. They are probably out of date but I wonder if any of these guys will ever weigh 240 pounds. We'll see.

(who are at least 6-7)

Michael Gbinije 6-7 205
Chinoso Obokoh 6-9 220
Tyler Roberson 6-7 200
BJ Johnson 6-7 165

Look, playing Pittsberg is like a sort of punishment. You just take it once per year and move on. You hope they don't injure your players and everything else is gravy. I hope you are not suggesting that Syracuse start recruiting guys simply with the goal of sinking to Pitts level so we can beat them at their own game. . Can you imagine having to watch a team play like Pitt does every single game for an entire season. Pitt is a poor man's Butler. We may not thrive against that style of "play" but I'll take our product every time over that garbage.

McCullough will probably be 225 by the time he gets here, and he's going to rip Pitt apart. I'm not so much worried about how we'll contend with them, because I'm of the mind that they'll be the ones needing to worry about how to contend with us.

Pitt's our kryptonite right now. Louisville was also for quite awhile and we've now beaten them 3 straight times. Give us time and we'll go on a run against Pitt too. Let's Go Orange!

I wasn't looking forward to theses guys coming in and dazzling everybody, (I hope they will), but failing to see the kind of "banger" we need to contend with a team like Pitt. Coleman will be the only tall guy who isn't a stringbean.

This would be a bigger issue if both teams were staying in the Big East. Pitt will have to adjust their style of play because it's not ACC basketball.

This would be a bigger issue if both teams were staying in the Big East. Pitt will have to adjust their style of play because it's not ACC basketball.
And Pitt won't be contending for anything. Just a prediction.

Look, playing Pittsberg is like a sort of punishment. You just take it once per year and move on. You hope they don't injure your players and everything else is gravy. I hope you are not suggesting that Syracuse start recruiting guys simply with the goal of sinking to Pitts level so we can beat them at their own game. . Can you imagine having to watch a team play like Pitt does every single game for an entire season. Pitt is a poor man's Butler. We may not thrive against that style of "play" but I'll take our product every time over that garbage.

I just want guys who can take the punishment and still make the plays that will win the game for us. Maybe the new guys will but not if they're skinny.

McCullough will probably be 225 by the time he gets here, and he's going to rip Pitt apart. I'm not so much worried about how we'll contend with them, because I'm of the mind that they'll be the ones needing to worry about how to contend with us.

Yeah, he's a 5 star guy. Just like Christmas and Coleman.

Pitt's our kryptonite right now. Louisville was also for quite awhile and we've now beaten them 3 straight times. Give us time and we'll go on a run against Pitt too. Let's Go Orange!

Pitt's been our Kryptonite for a decade, since they started playing this way.

McCullough is in a different league. 6-10 and he can handle and knock down jumpers in addition to being a superb athlete.

I would not be the least bit surprised if he is our best player since Melo. He could wind up top 5 in his class before it is all said and done.

McCullough is in a different league. 6-10 and he can handle and knock down jumpers in addition to being a superb athlete.

I would not be the least bit surprised if he is our best player since Melo. He could wind up top 5 in his class before it is all said and done.
C-Mac is special, I could care less what his stars say. He is going to be a great one.

How often has that been the case in the Howland/Dixon era? Feels like we are always running uphill against the Panthers.

(who are at least 6-7)

Michael Gbinije 6-7 205
Chinoso Obokoh 6-9 220
Tyler Roberson 6-7 200
BJ Johnson 6-7 165

BJ is 183pds at this time and growing. Todays issues where a lack of # of scorers on the floor and offensive output and not being overmatched with size. He will looked upon to play the 2-3 positions according to the coaches next season.

Well to be fair - Coleman and Christmas were "4 Stars" (in certain rakings)- whatever that is worth. In fact DaJuan dropped quite a bit in "ranking" from his junior to senior year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom