The Hall played 10 guys today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Hall played 10 guys today

He made Donte Greene look like Scottie Pippen in terms of effort on defense and willingness to pass.

but he had a nice touch and good footwork for a young post player. Unfortunately he and she seem a little nutty.

I would feel bad but I’m under the impression that he just went silent on his team and coaches and didn’t tell them he was transferring, so that makes me not care.

He told the coaches before he left for the summer he was transferring. Staff didn’t sign a release or anything because they thought he/they would change his mind come the fall and tried to call his bluff. Summer goes on and Thompson basically completely separated himself from the program as everyone knows and could see to let coaches know he was really leaving. Fall semester starts, he doesn’t come to campus because like he told them in the spring he was leaving, so they finally grant him his release.

And I say this based on someone with pretty good knowledge telling me back in late spring early summer of that year that Thompson asked for his release and staff was sitting on it. I thought he’d eventually come back but then when he didn’t come to any summer sessions and they later told me he wouldn’t return the coaches texts/calls all summer I figured it was legit.

He told the coaches before he left for the summer he was transferring. Staff didn’t sign a release or anything because they thought he/they would change his mind come the fall and tried to call his bluff. Summer goes on and Thompson basically completely separated himself from the program as everyone knows and could see to let coaches know he was really leaving. Fall semester starts, he doesn’t come to campus because like he told them in the spring he was leaving, so they finally grant him his release.

And I say this based on someone with pretty good knowledge telling me back in late spring early summer of that year that Thompson asked for his release and staff was sitting on it. I thought he’d eventually come back but then when he didn’t come to any summer sessions and they later told me he wouldn’t return the coaches texts/calls all summer I figured it was legit.

Interesting since Taurean himself in an interview in 2018 said he didn’t tell the coaches nor his teammates and that he ‘just left’.

Interesting since Taurean himself in an interview in 2018 said he didn’t tell the coaches nor his teammates and that he ‘just left’.

Hadn't seen that interview and can't really speak to his answer and what is in the article or not. The person who told me this has told me plenty and been right far, far more than they've been wrong and have pretty strong sources for their information. Also, as I said, they told me back during that summer/late spring that he let it be known he was transferring way before it was announced publicly and it wasn't just a lucky guess.

People can believe my post or not. I'm not too concerned. I know what was told to me and the source it came from and am comfortable with my post.

Hadn't seen that interview and can't really speak to his answer and what is in the article or not. The person who told me this has told me plenty and been right far, far more than they've been wrong and have pretty strong sources for their information. Also, as I said, they told me back during that summer/late spring that he let it be known he was transferring way before it was announced publicly and it wasn't just a lucky guess.

People can believe my post or not. I'm not too concerned. I know what was told to me and the source it came from and am comfortable with my post.

Not saying that you are lying or anything. I just recalled reading a while ago that Thompson had openly and unapologetically said that he never contacted anyone and the decision was his and his mother’s alone so I tried to find where I had read it. I really don’t doubt that you heard a different story from someone, bet there were lots of stories - the entire thing was pretty bizarre. Didn’t someone even say that it was Chris Mullin who had alerted the coaches because he had been approached by Thompson’s mom about playing at St John’s? If that is even true they may very well have been aware of something going on earlier but second hand and not from TT himself.

Doormat forever program Seton Hall now getting top talent after hiring Rick Pitino assistant. Hmmmm.

i can't say i miss the guy. he was a gunner who played ZERO D. enjoy the HALL.

Doormat forever program Seton Hall now getting top talent after hiring Rick Pitino assistant. Hmmmm.

He's in his 9th season and is 169–126 overall at Seton Hall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom