The ho-humness of this win is interesting | Syracusefan.com

The ho-humness of this win is interesting

Timonen

All Conference
We just trashed fsu and we’re all just sort of acting like that exactly what was supposed to happen. I was doing laps in my neighborhood with the house flag after Clemson last year. I really felt nothing this year...and the conversation on here seems to reflect that same POV. I do hope locals start to “get it” and fill up the dome. The bar has been raised and the next time I feel something special will be when we lock up a bowl and keep adding wins. Love where we are.

It was really evident yesterday that we belonged on the field with them and were more physical, better coached, and more engaged in the game. Clemson was something different because you could see how absurdly talented their D line, RBs, and secondary were and we still found a way to beat them. Despite all of FSU’s blue chip recruits, we were in no way overwhelmed by them and they were a mess. You could see within 10 minutes that if we had lost that game it would’ve been a bad loss.

I'm not sure what you are talking about OP, this board has been ecstatic the last 24 hours.

It was really evident yesterday that we belonged on the field with them and were more physical, better coached, and more engaged in the game. Clemson was something different because you could see how absurdly talented their D line, RBs, and secondary were and we still found a way to beat them. Despite all of FSU’s blue chip recruits, we were in no way overwhelmed by them and they were a mess. You could see within 10 minutes that if we had lost that game it would’ve been a bad loss.

Agree. I've never felt more confident with a 6-0 halftime lead than I did yesterday.

I think FSU realized they were the worse team yesterday in the 3rd Q. That is amazing.

We just trashed fsu and we’re all just sort of acting like that exactly what was supposed to happen. I was doing laps in my neighborhood with the house flag after Clemson last year. I really felt nothing this year...and the conversation on here seems to reflect that same POV. I do hope locals start to “get it” and fill up the dome. The bar has been raised and the next time I feel something special will be when we lock up a bowl and keep adding wins. Love where we are.

I think people who attended the game(like me) were so exhausted from the heat and loss of fluid, nobody had the energy to react strongly after this big win. It took me until today to fully recover.

Great point!
It’s amazing how quickly our expectations have shifted. Beating FSU was not a reason to have a parade, not anymore.
We’re no longer “the little engine that could”. We’ve seen better days in this program- now we all wanna pull a “Springsteen”, and close the deal.
It’s time for a return to those “Glory Days”, fellas! LGO

It is what was supposed to happen. I have no idea how good or bad we may be, but FSU is plain awful. They have shown absolutely nothing vs. any opponent be it FBS, or a FCS school. If we're even an ok team, we should have beaten Florida State. They may be the worst team in the division right now.

I'm not sure what you are talking about OP, this board has been ecstatic the last 24 hours.
Somebody else said that we’re not having parades. We’re not going berserk. We’re happy and we’re proud and we’re satusfied...but the collective energy here is NOT ecstasy by any stretch. I wasn’t dancing on my coffee table freaking my kids out like last year. This was just business.

Somebody else said that we’re not having parades. We’re not going berserk. We’re happy and we’re proud and we’re satusfied...but the collective energy here is NOT ecstasy by any stretch. I wasn’t dancing on my coffee table freaking my kids out like last year. This was just business.

Maybe I was the only one then.

The Dome is developing a rep in conference as a really tough place to play. It's about time our fans realize it too.
It can be one of the toughest places to play college football if the fans show up and be loud. It should be a source of community pride sort of like the Seahawks or chiefs fans that take pride in being the loudest stadiums in the NFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom