The Home Run Derby | Syracusefan.com

The Home Run Derby

dont understand why they screwed around with the graphics.. hard to tell when balls were leaving since they jumped cameras and they removed the distance info on 90% of the balls as well..

dont understand why they screwed around with the graphics.. hard to tell when balls were leaving since they jumped cameras and they removed the distance info on 90% of the balls as well..
I think the problem was that in all previous years you had to wait until the ball landed to throw the next pitch. That always created a gray area so they scrapped it and could just unload non-stop now. Major issue with that is that you couldn't tell what the hell was going on as multiple balls were in the air at once.

I think the problem was that in all previous years you had to wait until the ball landed to throw the next pitch. That always created a gray area so they scrapped it and could just unload non-stop now. Major issue with that is that you couldn't tell what the hell was going on as multiple balls were in the air at once.
i thought they said they only changed that rule in the last round.. but it was pretty loosely enforced in the first 2 rounds..

i thought they said they only changed that rule in the last round.. but it was pretty loosely enforced in the first 2 rounds..
Nope, was right from the get go. Could just unload pitches every 4-5 seconds. I was worried about the kids in the OF waiting for a pop up to come down and get blasted by a laser beam liner.

The coverage was distracting and the pitchers should get half the pot. Also Alonso is tough to take. I was pulling hard for the Oriole.

The coverage was distracting and the pitchers should get half the pot. Also Alonso is tough to take. I was pulling hard for the Oriole.
Pitchers really make a huge difference. Ohtani's pitcher was constantly missing his spots and throwing low when you want everything to be belt to chest.

Nope, was right from the get go. Could just unload pitches every 4-5 seconds. I was worried about the kids in the OF waiting for a pop up to come down and get blasted by a laser beam liner.
then what was the ump behind the plate doing telling the pitchers when he could throw doing it for?

Of all the bad takes, in a Board full of them, this one may be the worst.
Have to agree, hard to take. Not to take anything away from his talent, he deserved to win. It wasn't just confidence, it was obnoxious cockiness. You dislike people that act like that in real life. At least I do.

Actually shocked at how well Trey did. What a comeback story for this guy. The real winner last night was us Oriole fans. In the lowest of seasons, he has been a high point. He is Baltimore's favorite son right now, so it's probably time for Angelos to get rid of him.

head on a swivel

Pitchers really make a huge difference. Ohtani's pitcher was constantly missing his spots and throwing low when you want everything to be belt to chest.

I thought I heard the announcers say that Ohtani hadn't taken BP from that guy since March. Either extreme arrogance or stupidity there.

Must see tv