The horse is dead... | Syracusefan.com

The horse is dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brooky03

can we please stop beating it?

I'm talkng about the seemingly constant comments about last year's (18-19) team (the season is over folks, they're old news now) not being talented or not having the right types of players. And the subsequent comments that something has to change in recruiting because we're doomed.

If you're paying attention, the staff is bringing in a class that has the types of players everybody is clamoring for. Whether or not they're as talented as we'd like obviously remains to be seen, but the staff is very clearly attempting to address the issues we've all noticed.

Want quicker more athletic PGs who weren't recruited just for their size? Carey and Goodine are your Huckleberry's. They're 'Syracuse Short' (6-3 and 6-4)! What a bonus!
Goodine isn't technically a PG, so I'm hesitant to say this next part, but I see nothing in his highlight vids that says he can't run Point. Ballhandling, passing, court vision, scoring. They're highlight vids, so of course I take them with a grain of salt, but the dude is clearly not just a SG we're going to wedge into the PG role like Frank or G.

Want shooters? Eli and Buddy are here. Goodine says hi again. Guerrier and Girard, too. Heck, Carey might find his stroke again. He had no problem dropping treys a year ago.

Want a tall, versatile Forward who can actually dribble and make plays? Guerrier.

Center needs work. We'll see what happens there. Maybe Marek will find the whey protein section of GNC.

Can we transition the narrative to what is currently going on with the roster and how it looks for next season instead of droning on and on about the shortcomings of a team that's dead and gone, for the most part?

I'm talkng about the seemingly constant comments about last year's (18-19) team (the season is over folks, they're old news now) not being talented or not having the right types of players. And the subsequent comments that something has to change in recruiting because we're doomed.

If you're paying attention, the staff is bringing in a class that has the types of players everybody is clamoring for. Whether or not they're as talented as we'd like obviously remains to be seen, but the staff is very clearly attempting to address the issues we've all noticed.

Want quicker more athletic PGs who weren't recruited just for their size? Carey and Goodine are your Huckleberry's. They're 'Syracuse Short' (6-3 and 6-4)! What a bonus!
Goodine isn't technically a PG, so I'm hesitant to say this next part, but I see nothing in his highlight vids that says he can't run Point. Ballhandling, passing, court vision, scoring. They're highlight vids, so of course I take them with a grain of salt, but the dude is clearly not just a SG we're going to wedge into the PG role like Frank or G.

Want shooters? Eli and Buddy are here. Goodine says hi again. Guerrier and Girard, too. Heck, Carey might find his stroke again. He had no problem dropping treys a year ago.

Want a tall, versatile Forward who can actually dribble and make plays? Guerrier.

Center needs work. We'll see what happens there. Maybe Marek will find the whey protein section of GNC.

Can we transition the narrative to what is currently going on with the roster and how it looks for next season instead of droning on and on about the shortcomings of a team that's dead and gone, for the most part?
i'd like someone who technically is a PG. I don't know what carey is. point fullback?

Thank you Brooky03 for saying what many of us have been thinking.

I doubt it will register with some to the "clubbers" that seem to enjoy kicking folks when they're down but we can only hope.

The best shooter on next year's team will be Girard. If we could learn to run an offense for outside shots, this team will be tough to defend with the number of shooters.

LONG LIVE THE HORSE!!!

SeveralFreshEnglishpointer-size_restricted.gif

Why isn't Goodine technically a point guard? He played point guard for his high school team and his AAU team.

Why isn't Goodine technically a point guard? He played point guard for his high school team and his AAU team.

He's listed as a SG most places I've looked. Definitely looks like a PG on the court to me.

Discussing last year's team is a "dead horse" because that season is over? But it's still relevant to beat the 'we beat Virginia->FF' horse?

Hows about people stop trying to be The Decider of what gets discussed? A thread either finds interest or it doesn't. An argument either has foundation or it doesn't.

You make it sound like we're about to win the conference. Hope so, but maybe there's still some headroom, recruiting-wise.

so you don't want people discussing syracuse basketball's last season on a syracuse basketball message board ? really ? you want to talk about BREXIT or something different ?

I think my post was pretty clear for those who are literate.

Discussing last year's team is a "dead horse" because that season is over? But it's still relevant to beat the 'we beat Virginia->FF' horse?

Hows about people stop trying to be The Decider of what gets discussed? A thread either finds interest or it doesn't. An argument either has foundation or it doesn't.

You make it sound like we're about to win the conference. Hope so, but maybe there's still some headroom, recruiting-wise.

Well good thing I'm not trying to fill the role of Decider of Topics then. What a relief. Thought I was going to have to feel bad for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom