The 'I was wrong' thread | Syracusefan.com

The 'I was wrong' thread

Cadillac

Starter
Pretty simple.

Every post begins with "I was wrong..."

Follow the one rule or DM will make you carry a football around with you to class all week.

I was wrong about the Dome crowd. That showing from the fans of NY completely caught me off guard.

The Tulane game and the bye week snuffed out any buzz and it didn't seem like there was much of a push from SU leading up to last night.

There were plenty reasons to stay home. Game's on TV, it's raining kinda, kids need shuttling around, movie night, whatever.

Place looked amazing. Sounded just as good. An incredible, collective, unprompted effort.

Hope every single person comes back for the USF game and brings some friends.

LFGO

1.jpg

I was wrong about the crowd too. I didn't see that coming at all. I will say that the buzz beforehand on campus made me change my tune a bit. Bars were packed by 5:30 or so and when I got into town about 3:30 the tailgating had already started. There was a buzz on campus that I really felt was going to be lost due to the Rutgers give-away. It wasn't the loudest crowd we've had there (not even close), but the crowd did a really nice job. Kudos to us

I was wrong about Dorian sometime around last signing day/spring practice. I proposed that since Dorian only had two years of eligibility left to transform himself into a true WR, I thought it would be smarter to just let him go back to safety, which would let Wilkes go back to CB, and free up Reddish to play offense. Great job by the coaches and the player to stick it out. The kid just gets better and better.

I hope I am wrong and we get more crowds like that but they had only sold 42ks of Thursday but there was a huge walk up crowd made up of a ton of parents visiting for parents weekend. I wonder if they reduced the price of the tix between the 20's too cause those were a lot more full and seemed to be a lot of parents with their college kids.

The parents with the college kids had already gotten their tickets prior to this week for the most part. There were a lot of parents that brought friends with them to hang out in the quad, see the campus, and go to the game. I feel there were a lot of SU fans born last night. As die hards we'll just have to be patient, and the fans will keep coming.

I hope we see more friday night games in the future. I know I'll be writing a letter to AD Gross to work on this because it works so much better for people that like to have their weekends to get stuff done when they have no time during the week. It works a lot better for the students too.

I was wrong when I said cuse is a betting LOCK if the line moved above +14. We were actually a lock at +14

The parents with the college kids had already gotten their tickets prior to this week for the most part. There were a lot of parents that brought friends with them to hang out in the quad, see the campus, and go to the game. I feel there were a lot of SU fans born last night. As die hards we'll just have to be patient, and the fans will keep coming.

I hope we see more friday night games in the future. I know I'll be writing a letter to AD Gross to work on this because it works so much better for people that like to have their weekends to get stuff done when they have no time during the week. It works a lot better for the students too.

Saw a lot of parents buying them last night too and someone else said there were plenty buying yesterday during the day. Parents weekend had to help the crowd size. What last nights game might do is bring back more fans locally that were going to their first game of the year. The WVU crowd helped too. While it was nowhere near what they usually bring due to the Friday night, it was still more than any other school has brought this year.

I was wrong in thinking that none of you would be willing to admit when you were wrong. I'm sorry to all of you, nevermind - most of you.

I was wrong for screaming "I'm not leaving this stadium without that cowboy hat!" at the obnoxious WVU chick in their section below us in section 214.

I was even more wrong for later screaming "Are those jeans size 40 that you're wearing?" to the same obnoxious WVU chick.

This morning, my wife informed me that I was even more wrong when I asked the crowd around us to serenade the WVU faithful with a fun-filled rendition of "Jimmy Crack Corn, and I don't care..."

There were definitely a lot of locals trying to get tickets before the game. I had heard they were all sold out multiple times before getting to the Dome. Not too sure about this, but that would be pretty big for us if that was the case.

I was wrong thinking that we were going to get spanked big time by the Mountaineers.

Must have been influenced by the general negativity I saw and felt this past week?

I was wrong for screaming "I'm not leaving this stadium without that cowboy hat!" at the obnoxious WVU chick in their section below us in section 214.

I was even more wrong for later screaming "Are those jeans size 40 that you're wearing?" to the same obnoxious WVU chick.

This morning, my wife informed me that I was even more wrong when I asked the crowd around us to serenade the WVU faithful with a fun-filled rendition of "Jimmy Crack Corn, and I don't care..."

why were you hitting on a wvu chick right in front of your wife?

why were you hitting on a wvu chick right in front of your wife?

Lol. I wasn't. Every time they did something right early in the game she would turn around and give the SU fans above her the finger.

Plus, my wife knows that I prefer my women not have nose hair. The Monster from Morgantown could not have passed the visual inspection, IMO...

I was wrong when I thought Chandler Jones wouldn't have much of an impact in the game.

I was wrong for screaming the full version of the "Hey, you suck" song in the parents section with bnoro. Wait...no I wasn't.

I was right because i thought we would win. I was wrong though because i didnt think we would destroy them!

I was wrong that it would be a long night for SU if they tried to play smashmouth with WVU. Talk about smashing a team in the mouth!

I was wrong -- vodka and prune juice does NOT maKe a good cocktail for my Dome flask. What was I thinking!?!

I was wrong -- vodka and prune juice does NOT maKe a good cocktail for my Dome flask. What was I thinking!?!

GAWD...that sounds awful. What is that...the Geriatric Cocktail? Guessing you're feeling the effects of this drink well after the hangover is gone.

I was dead wrong. I was hoping we could keep it within 3-4 touchdowns.

GAWD...that sounds awful. What is that...the Geriatric Cocktail? Guessing you're feeling the effects of this drink well after the hangover is gone.

It's called a "Guy Lombardo."