The idea that Dino is particularly bad after a bye week is fiction | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The idea that Dino is particularly bad after a bye week is fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dozens? I think i've seen it mentioned a handful of times at best. Odd hill to die on especially when you look at the outcomes in 2020 and 2021.
Ain’t no hill, ain’t no death. Literally just presenting data.

Data shows that 55% of the time we are a complete no show. Then 22% of the time we play poorly. While 11% of the time we show up big time, and another 11% we play decent. So 77% of the time it is poor or worse.
Exactly, nuke the thread. We stink after byes.

Exactly, nuke the thread. We stink after byes.
Yes, but 43% of the time we win every time
1698118720342.jpeg

Last edited:
Wonder what our opponents records are if they play us after a bye week. Too lazy to look.

Sure, but one of them was 7 years ago (and I doubt the braniacs here remember that was coming off a bye).

I mean someone posted in another thread that they thought Dino has *never* won coming off a bye. He did *last year*.
Are you trying to insinuate all the board members here don’t thoroughly vet their post. Say it isn’t so.

in watching shrader the last two games , he appears to have given up . maybe its just me. i have zero confidence in the o line, the receivers, and the run game. our defense must be so angry by this time .
however, our talent has really never reached the level needed to be a top 30 team. admittedly the landscape has changed in recent years, but babers has never really been an answer even before nil. Perhaps the real l answer to our dilemma is money.
ps-- wish the su alums that talk about su stop referencing "snow" and start talking about the beauty of the finger lakes. (thats my bias)

He’s actually much, much better after the bye than he is in “non post-bye week” conference games

So, good job, Dino?
Yup.

I'm not on Team Dino and haven't been for a while. So my post here was not some kind of passionate defense of him. He's pretty lousy, IMHO.

I just don't like inaccurate groupthink.

They were beating UNC handlly at the half and got sloppy in the third quarter.

We're barely looking at the toplines, nevermind the crosstabs on these.
We’re in “Charlie Brown Mode” , off of a few losses everyone is spewing as much negative spin as possible. Like pointing out NC State had an injury at QB but not mentioning we already had 3 starters out for the year.

I can get that but with a 3-6 record including 4 absolute beatdowns and one of if not the worst loss in the Babers era, your post is not exactly supporting your argument.

Yeah. Not to mention running with it literally vs. how the comment was one in jest or figuratively. I mean, "come on man!" It doesn't take much to pull the data on this and see that he has actually won some games, albeit sparingly.

His overall ACC win % is just a shade better than Shafer’s was.

Well he does have 5 more games this year. At best Dino will have a .3636 ACC W% and at worst a .2879 ACC W%. Shafer had a .2917 ACC W% so he could still end up ahead. The best case for Dino he will be just over 0.5 ACC Ws per year better than Shafer (0.58 Ws using an 8 game schedule).

'Good grief' ;) However, trying to compare three starters being out vs. a pre-season all conference seasoned type starting QB is simply foolish. There isn't anything that comes close to losing a starting QB (by far the most critical position in football) not to mention literally right before your next game. I'd think you would realize that.

As much as folks are spewing "as much negative spin as possible" in your opinion, the same can be said about the folks spinning/making excuses from the other angle.
What is really foolish is for anyone who has followed Syracuse football to be bringing up injuries as an advantage for us . Over the Dino years. That’s Foolish !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom