The Impression I'm Getting re Mizzou is... | Syracusefan.com

The Impression I'm Getting re Mizzou is...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
That their OL has been shuffled a lot and is average. Also, apart from a really good DT, their DL is average. Since games are won and lost in the trenches, I think this is cause for optimism, no?

Great DLineman in Sheldon Richardson #34. He is definitely gone after this year and will be first round draft pick. The rest of the D-line is pretty good and pretty deep in terms of the DE. Really deep actually. LBs are competentish and secondary is adequate.

The O-line is a mess. Lots of injuries. Definitely our achilles heel. Plays to be made for your defense no doubt.

Great DLineman in Sheldon Richardson #34. He is definitely gone after this year and will be first round draft pick. The rest of the D-line is pretty good and pretty deep in terms of the DE. Really deep actually. LBs are competentish and secondary is adequate.

The O-line is a mess. Lots of injuries. Definitely our achilles heel. Plays to be made for your defense no doubt.
Can't be good for the blitz schemes that SU uses on 80-90% of plays.

It looks to be a very competitive game. Their strength in defense matches our strength in offense. The best stat I see for Missouri is that they lead the nation in fumble recoveries, having recovered 16 fumbles on the season. We lose when we turn the ball over and they're good at causing fumbles, though they've thrown 12 interceptions themselves. They also lead the SEC in kickoff and punt returns, something we've been burned by this year. It's a big advantage for them playing at home and we've shot ourselves in the foot in several games this season, but we've won 4 of our last 6 games. We may not win, but we have a good opportunity against a vulnerable SEC team. LGO!!

It looks to be a very competitive game. Their strength in defense matches our strength in offense. The best stat I see for Missouri is that they lead the nation in fumble recoveries, having recovered 16 fumbles on the season. We lose when we turn the ball over and they're good at causing fumbles, though they've thrown 12 interceptions themselves. They also lead the SEC in kickoff and punt returns, something we've been burned by this year. It's a big advantage for them playing at home and we've shot ourselves in the foot in several games this season, but we've won 4 of our last 6 games. We may not win, but we have a good opportunity against a vulnerable SEC team. LGO!!
SU has'nt been burned on a kickoff return all year and not by a punt return since the USC game. Saying "we've been burned this year " is more then an exageration.

As a Mizzou fan:

Hoch is a RS sophomore NT and will one day play in the NFL but he's FAR from it now. He came in as a TE, move to DE his freshman year and is now a NT. He has NFL size and speed, doesn't have the strength yet. The Vols blew him up a few times, he held his ground against the Gators. The DEs are ok, not NFL quality. Madison does a spin move that has caused troubles for some OTs but he hasn't done it this year against better talent. They get pressure but tend to give up their lanes which is dangerous if the QB can run (undersized at 265ish). Richardson as mentioned is a top 20 pick in the NFL draft. Can totally dominate a game if the other line isn't quality. Against UCF he completely dominated on obvious passing downs and is a major reason the Tigers excel on 3rd down.

For the Oline there is zero doubt they have had turmoil but they are the best they've been all season. Fisher is a senior at LT and is finally healthy and strong (he was a shell of himself when he returned from injury). Boehm is a true Freshman LG and struggled early but is playing well. Boehm was the #2 Guard prospect in the country last year when recruited and almost went to Alabama. McNulty at Center is a RS Freshman and you'll notice the lob snaps. You pressure him he'll lob it even higher but he's solid at protection. Copeland is OK at RG, he started the year at LG. For a junior I think people expected far more of Copeland. Morse replaced an injured Justin Britt at LT during the Florida game. MASSIVE upgrade in my opinion. Britt stinks at pass protection and will likely have serious problems ever starting again. Morse is a RS sophomore and has impressed. (Morse will likely move to LT next season. He's shockingly good so far) Boehm could have NFL potential far down line line but in reality, Mizzou doesn't produce NFL quality Olinemen via the spread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom