The inbounds conundrum | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The inbounds conundrum

Joe should never be the in bound passer.
Who else do we have that you would consider a reliable passer? I am drawing a blank.

You must have some magic. I tried to start this thread over 35 minutes ago and I got the big...'Oooops another thread exists" ? No freaking idea. I agree. We are a living nightmare trying to inbound the ball at the end of the game. Entirely on the coaching staff. This has happened at least 3 times this year. I can not wait till this season ends and daddyball finally goes away.
He will run the same inbounds play next year. JB is the most change resistant coach I am aware if, perhaps there are others who are as stubborn
I feel like we've struggled to inbound the ball for 30 years.

I also hate how JB backs everyone off the lane. It seems silly to concede every single missed FT rebound. Wouldn't you want a chance to get an extra possession even by accident?

You have one end of game inbounds turnover...it's a one-off poor execution.
You have two...you ask what's the problem here?
You have three...and it's on the coaching.

The team is just not capable of taking care of business the way they're told to do it.
You can't blame Joe or Buddy or anyone else.

To keep on doing the same thing and expect success is insane...especially when success would mean getting the ball into the short corner where bad things are likely to happen.

I feel like we've struggled to inbound the ball for 30 years.

I also hate how JB backs everyone off the lane. It seems silly to concede every single missed FT rebound. Wouldn't you want a chance to get an extra possession even by accident?
Per JB, the offense gets more fouls than rebounds on free throws. I have no idea if it's true but that's his reasoning.

I think Jimmy would be more than reliable in that situation.
Perhaps. Although there is a risk he'd inbounds to himself and drive (slowly) to the basket while hoisting up some crazy ass shot.

How about setting a screen to go over the top into back court. I believe we weren't even in the bonus at the time and could have bled even more time off the clock.

How about setting a screen to go over the top into back court. I believe we weren't even in the bonus at the time and could have bled even more time off the clock.

There was only 4 seconds left on the shot clock. Plenty of time to get off a decent shot but not enough to go into the backcourt and regroup.

Maybe, but Joe was also just as likely to rifle a pass off of Buddy's feet as he was to successfully inbound it.
Absolutely, we just don't have any players with high basketball IQ's. I think they are smart young men, but none of them see the game fast enough, if that makes sense. I mean, if Joe passes that ball a little earlier, at least Buddy has a chance to catch it in a bad spot. But, he waited until there was absolutely no room and threw it directly at his feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom