The Incessant Hand Wringing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Incessant Hand Wringing

I still think Frank makes a huge leap in his development. Even if they bring Ayala in, I don't see him getting the majority of minutes at pg, unless Frank is terrible. And if Frank is terrible, than Cuse is in some trouble next year. Frank can pass and create. He just needs to work on being in control and his shot.
He only needs to work on his shot and being in control? Whew. I was worried about this being a tough sled for him. How about leadership? The pt guard has to be a leader. Where is Frank on the leadership scale?

I still think Frank makes a huge leap in his development. Even if they bring Ayala in, I don't see him getting the majority of minutes at pg, unless Frank is terrible. And if Frank is terrible, than Cuse is in some trouble next year. Frank can pass and create. He just needs to work on being in control and his shot.
He can pass we will agree to disagree on his ability to create much of anything outside of stress for me.
He only needs to work on his shot and being in control? Whew. I was worried about this being a tough sled for him. How about leadership? The pt guard has to be a leader. Where is Frank on the leadership scale?
my understanding is he is a great teammate that has been the ultimate recruiter to bring good players into the program. Or is that Matthew Moyer. I get the two mixed up.

People don't get how critical Tucker and Ayala are right now.
They are difference between a 18-13 season and 14-17 season.

Either way its going to be grinding white knuckle season. Atleast Dino will score some points next year.

I don't want to accept either of those scenarios.

Hmmm...you know...he might need a little work there.

Chances this thread becomes an incessant hand wringing thread? :)
giphy.gif

This can still be a very good class but it still doesn't discount the fact that we totally bungled our PG recruiting and the Randolph/Lonnie sitch.

The coach in waiting thing was a complete and unmitigated disaster...and now we don't even have the CIW...

He can pass we will agree to disagree on his ability to create much of anything outside of stress for me.

my understanding is he is a great teammate that has been the ultimate recruiter to bring good players into the program. Or is that Matthew Moyer. I get the two mixed up.

Was it the same people who said Frank was 100% gone too?

Would love to see some sort of evidence other than speculation here that he is such a bad teammate etc... Until then, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Not saying the rumors were true or false but many people here were convinced he was gone and yet he is not.

Would love to see some sort of evidence other than speculation here that he is such a bad teammate etc... Until then, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Not saying the rumors were true or false but many people here were convinced he was gone and yet he is not.
IF there was an able replacement, and depth behind him, Frank would be gone, IMO. Dude has not demonstrated that he can play.

Not yet anyway. It isn't like we have landed a pt guard yet.

Was it the same people who said Frank was 100% gone too?
My guess is that the guy driving that train is no longer with the team. I don't think that it is surprising that a couple potential character-issue kids were back into SU's plan the day after the ol' ball coach reassumed control for the foreseeable future.

My guess is that the guy driving that train is no longer with the team. I don't think that it is surprising that a couple potential character-issue kids were back into SU's plan the day after the ol' ball coach reassumed control for the foreseeable future.

Maybe so. I also view this as Hop perhaps being too inexperienced/naive to realize how big time college basketball works if you are a head coach. If he hopes to be successful as head coach he'll need to adapt and learn to work through some of the smaller issues (i.e Coach K, Roy, Pitiino, Jimmy, Sean Miller etc). If he doesn't adapt he will be looking for work in a few years

Cuse!

Maybe so. I also view this as Hop perhaps being too inexperienced/naive to realize how big time college basketball works if you are a head coach. If he hopes to be successful as head coach he'll need to adapt and learn to work through some of the smaller issues (i.e Coach K, Roy, Pitiino, Jimmy, Sean Miller etc). If he doesn't adapt he will be looking for work in a few years

Cuse!

Hop has plenty of experience in working through off the court situations pertaining to his players.

This can still be a very good class but it still doesn't discount the fact that we totally bungled our PG recruiting and the Randolph/Lonnie sitch.

The coach in waiting thing was a complete and unmitigated disaster...and now we don't even have the CIW...

So, who is to blame for CIW? Wasn't that a Gross fiasco?

JB is on record as saying he was opposed to it. It is obvious to anyone with any common sense that it hurt SU recruiting.

When coaches get older, everyone knows they will retire at some point, but putting a definite date on it, especially when combined with the sanctions against recruiting and reduced scholarships brought the program to a screeching halt. No matter what any of you want to believe, players were much less keen on the prospects of playing for Hop, than they are for playing with JB.

Proven track records are hard to argue against. Unproven is just that.

I love the posts about how recruits who haven't played one minute of a college game are critical to next year's success. No way of knowing if either will pan out at this level wherever they may go. Relax. Stop stressing out over something you have zero control over.

I love the posts about how recruits who haven't played one minute of a college game are critical to next year's success. No way of knowing if either will pan out at this level wherever they may go. Relax. Stop stressing out over something you have zero control over.

You're right -- incoming college freshman NEVER have a big impact on their team's performance.

What a silly notion.

You're right -- incoming college freshman NEVER have a big impact on their team's performance.

What a silly notion.
Especially as opposed to the nobody we have at that position currently. Literally any SF would improve that position, but a top 40 kid, he might just have a chance at helping this team a ton.

What a silly notion.

Yea shame on you! Just relax already, these kids have played ridiculous amounts of minutes of basketball pretty much their entire life but they haven't played a minute of college ball so they will be non factors and totally not expected to be big contributors to our program.

Cuse!

Hop cares a lot about what happens off the court and what happens with the team chemistry, far more than Boeheim. That's a fact. I don't think it has anything to do with experience or inexperience, it has to do with his philosophy on how he would run his own team.

Hop cares a lot about what happens off the court and what happens with the team chemistry, far more than Boeheim. That's a fact. I don't think it has anything to do with experience or inexperience, it has to do with his philosophy on how he would run his own team.

That was one of the aspects of Hop I was most looking forward to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom