The JIm Boeheim Show before BC II | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The JIm Boeheim Show before BC II

It was another attempt to push away the issue of pressure defense.

'West Virginia is the only team in the country doing it." Doesn't that give them an advantage?

"They recruit for it." Couldn't we?

"They have great athletes." I thought we did, to.

The one answer that would have made sense is that we don't have the depth, which, with the injuries, is now true.

Basically, he just prefers to insure the integrity of his half-court defense and try to beat teams in the half court game. He also likes to play his best players as much as possible and doesn't want to run people in an out to keep them fresh for a constant press.

It's the conservative approach. i suppose some would call it "meathead basketball". If Hopkins doesn't work out, maybe we can can look for a basketball equivalent of Dino Babers. I think if we pressed for 40 minutes we'd have the 30,000 crowds back again.

They seemed to answer me in the BC game, producing 20 turnovers from the half-court zone. :mad:

If they played it that way all the time, we wouldn't be complaining. :cool:

The kid is good!
Got to see Fultz play tonight. I haven't looked at the numbers, but I know he scored 37 in an OT game. He always had the ball in his hands going up the court, but never rushed anything. His shot just hits the bottom of the net like Lydon did last game.

Wednesday 8:00 game. The team isn't great, but there were probably only 5 or 6000 there no matter what the attendance number says. And this is in a city with a pretty big population and no NBA team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom