The Jim Boeheim Show - before Colgate | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show - before Colgate

I thought JB sounded feisty and I actually liked hearing it. He knows the fans are freaked out. I am. That was the worst game I ever saw! It was terrifyingly bad. But he is not panicking. At least not in public. I don’t think he was trying to minimize the badness but explain what he saw through his coach’s eyes, and he’s not about to declare he’s the Captain of the Titanic.

Reading this soothed me, and I am ready to walk non-cringingly to the Dome and cheer my team on. Here’s hoping!

UVAs defense is exceptional. Their lower body positioning and footwork is text book. TB is a great coach of his D as JB is of the Zone. The difference in this game was their inside presence.
Colgate will be a good indicator of who we really are. I watched Gate and they have a solid team. Cuse will beat them, my guess is by a dozen. What i hope to see is a commitment to pushing the ball inside with the pass vs the dribble. With the exception of Carey we dont have players who can consistently beat guys off the dribble which is needed if you want to play ISO.
What we do have are guys who can shoot well. If we screen and cut well, basically move and swing the ball guys should get good looks.
Tonight we made a commitment to push the ball inside. Lots of movement, lots of off ball HARD screens as evident by the two calls.
Buddy played so well on both ends. Such a high IQ. Tonight he really shined. Also Washington is a pretty darn good player. Poised, solid handle and vision. So happy to see him play well.
Gate is a good team and this was a strong effort by a very young team. Really good win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom