The Jim Boeheim Show - before Florida State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show - before Florida State

Packer! The most biased Tobacco Road butt kisser ever. Hated seeing him come to the Dome.

He was the guy who shouted to the refs that Marty Byrnes should not have been granted the basket prior to his free throw at the end of the 1978 Western Kentucky game in the NCAAs because "there's no continuation". Marty had gone up for a game-typing lay-up with a second to go and had a defender grab him. he flipped the ball up as they both went out of bounds and kissed it in. he thought he was going to the line for a winning free throw. The refs, after listening to Packer's shouting, changed it to a one and one after about 5 minutes of consultation with Marty standing on the line. He made the first, missed the second and we couldn't get the rebound and the season was over.

On which he had “surgery”. :rolleyes:

His injury that suddenly came about was peculiar for sure as it ensued immediately after JB's presser advising the whole world that frosh Joey was replacing him at the point the very next game. I wonder whose locker Carey punched? ;)

I hope we can put the narrative to bed that carey can’t help this team .. Don’t how after how anyone can be comfortable with the guard play

I hope we can put the narrative to bed that carey can’t help this team .. Don’t how after how anyone can be comfortable with the guard play
But what in Carey's play makes you think he can help.

But what in Carey's play makes you think he can help.

He’s athletic as hell and way better on D than JGIII or Buddy.

Better rebounder than both of them put together.

Is he gonna take back a starting guard spot?
Unlikely.

But he could help the team coming off the bench.

He’s athletic as hell and way better on D than JGIII or Buddy.

Better rebounder than both of them put together.

Is he gonna take back a starting guard spot?
Unlikely.

But he could help the team coming off the bench.
I hope the kid stays and is great, but he hasn't shown me that he can be a contributor other than spot duty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom