The Jim Boeheim Show - before Monmouth | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show - before Monmouth

I don't know if you are Jewish Steve. What I caught for the gaffe is Molly Goldberg talking about someone in the family getting a new dress for Easter.

Now my background is mixed so I got Easter baskets and at least once walked in the 5th Ave parade, but my non-Jewish mom also tried her hand at making Passover seders a few times. I CANNOT SEE Molly Goldberg or her family celebrating Easter back then.

Please listen again in case I misheard it.

I listened to the first 10 minutes again and heard no reference to Easter. It's said the cousin is coming for "dinner" and at another point "supper", but not Easter. Her mother told her to get a new dress but she doesn't mention Easter.

Last edited:
I listened to the first 10 minutes again and heard no reference to Easter. It's said the cousin is coming for "dinner" and at another point "supper", but not Easter. Her mother told her to get a new dress but she doesn't mention Easter.
As I hear it, it's "Hannah Leah and Frieda are coming to dinner and Papa's bringing home a dress for her for Easter." Could be "for Frieda" I suppose. Gertrude Berg talks awfully fast and I doubt there's a transcript anywhere.

Looks like you have your question for this weeks Boeheim Show!

I'm sure he'll know from memory unless he missed that episode because lawn bowling was on at the same time.

Looks like you have your question for this weeks Boeheim Show!

I'm sure he'll know from memory unless he missed that episode because lawn bowling was on at the same time.
Snort.

SWC COULD ask if JB had a favorite TV show growing up, and if he has ever used the Internet to rewatch it and see if it holds up, especially for his teenage kids.

As I hear it, it's "Hannah Leah and Frieda are coming to dinner and Papa's bringing home a dress for her for Easter." Could be "for Frieda" I suppose. Gertrude Berg talks awfully fast and I doubt there's a transcript anywhere.

When in doubt, go with what makes the most sense.

Snort.

SWC COULD ask if JB had a favorite TV show growing up, and if he has ever used the Internet to rewatch it and see if it holds up, especially for his teenage kids.

Or you could:

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!

Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

Or you could:

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!

Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.
I have thought of doing that, now that I don't work during the day. Thanks for the phone #s!

always had to laugh at the way the counterculture (the hippies) were portrayed by the mainstream on 60's tv.lazy stoner beatniks like maynard krebs.

Hollywood propaganda at it's best! The social engineering has gotten even more overwhelming, so I wisely threw my tv out years ago...literally tossed it in the dumspter. I think I got mocked on here when i did it for not selling it on craigslist. lol But yeah, anything outside the "matrix" is programmed into you as bad, and has effects very few are fully aware of. **** tv, and the media in general.

EDIT: for the sake of disclosure, I do watch a small number of quality shows on my computer, as well as sports streamed. I'm not quite as reformed as I was when I threw the tv out, but I am trying to rehabilitate myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom