The Jim Boeheim Show | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show

According to the online TV Guide listings, it's on TW Sports at various times between 12/15 and 12/21.

What is the title of the show? Or is it part of "Syracuse Sidelines" or "Syracuse Legends"?

Trevor must put the ball on the floor more.

Um. He's obviously trolling me.

"They briefly looked ahead to the Villanova game. “Illinois is good and Villanova ran away from them. They have guys who’ve started for 3-4 years. That’s what it takes.”"

Obviously those last two sentences make a lot of sense but seriously, in 2003 how many guys started 3-4 years? Zero? Even K Duany did not start 3-4 yrs to my recollection.

And dont try to tell me that Melo won that championship by himself, if it was that easy for one young hugely talented player to take over then Parker or Wiggins or Randle would have won a championship last yr.

Imo JB keeps putting it all on the players this year, which is fine, but at some point i hope the coaching staff can whip these guys into shape in a way these guys show some serious signs of improvement...

Obviously those last two sentences make a lot of sense but seriously, in 2003 how many guys started 3-4 years? Zero? Even K Duany did not start 3-4 yrs to my recollection.

Kueth who was in the program 5 years, was a 2 year starter, in addition, he played in every game his sophomore year averaging 19 minutes a game. He even played in 22 games averaging 10 minutes a game his RS freshman year after his major knee surgery.

This is a very young team playing wise. If you think of it, the only moving pieces that we have still in place from last year are Christmas and Cooney. The rest of the system has been replaced which includes your 6 man coming of the bench, as Silent G is now seeing starters minutes.

We have been spoiled from the last few years with teams that had great starts out of the gate, yet they fizzled at the end. When/if this team hits its stride and things start to click/fall, we are going to see a lot of people jump back on the wagon.

My possible predictions/upsides (predictions that are most realistic) (need to happen if the team has a shot/its in them, can they find the force?)
  • BJ, Cooney, Patterson start dropping threes (with other players mixing in three here in there)
  • Rak's game is going to be even more dominate (he is just now finding out how dominate he can be and scratching the surface)
  • MMc continues his growth and with players hitting longer shots has room to use his athleticism down low
  • Silent G and Roberson figure/s out their places on the team and that is
images

• With more experience, the zone tightens up
  • With increased shooting, Joseph is able to drive/drop dimes
Roberson is an enigma to me. I think he could possibly be the dominate player on the court, but he is so inside himself. Some may are argue that he doesn't have great "bball IQ" some might argue he is in "JB's doghouse". The kid has way more than what he is showing. It was a tough break that he got injured as, I think it is more of confidence and comfort. As he finds or if he finds these things, I think he will have a much more aggressive game.

Again, I think this team is sugar in the raw. The luxury of the last few years is Ennis, MCW were good/great 1's that had teams that had played together. This team not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom