The Jinx of the Announcer | Syracusefan.com

The Jinx of the Announcer

Alcuse01

Scout Team
Anyone else notice it? It happens in all of sports... some of my favorites...
Vanderjagt has never missed... shank
And that's why culpepper never makes mistakes... intercepted

Well last night it was even worse, and I knew it was coming and started to go crazy. I even texted my friend before the kick... here's the call:

"this is for 17 in a row... the Syracuse record... the win... He... Did...Not... Miss... Last... Season"
BLOCKED

He missed last season- once. One of the areas we need alot of work in is the snap and the hold before the kick. A successful placekicker has three elments to it and Krautman can only do the third one.

thought the same thing when the announcers went on about the streak...and then to add that it was no big deal to take the penalty...ugh

They also jinxed the Wake kicker too ... he had a nice streak going ... I think it was around 13 in a row ... then missed twice ... although the first time it didn't count since there was a penalty allowing him to try again ...

Anyone else notice it? It happens in all of sports... some of my favorites...
Vanderjagt has never missed... shank
And that's why culpepper never makes mistakes... intercepted

Well last night it was even worse, and I knew it was coming and started to go crazy. I even texted my friend before the kick... here's the call:

"this is for 17 in a row... the Syracuse record... the win... He... Did...Not... Miss... Last... Season"
BLOCKED
yep - remember saying "thanks a#$hole, you just jinxed him" as he went on and on about how automatic Krautman was and the penalty was no big deal

I yelled at the guy, "thanks for jinxing him you jackass!" right before the kick. Everyone had to know there was no way he would make it at that point. I think announcers like to jinx guys like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom