The Joe Girard jokes need to stop. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Joe Girard jokes need to stop.

The best example I can give is people who constantly attack JB, say he should retire or be replaced. Also Buddy plays only because he is JB's son and disregard that he one of the best shooters in the country and can put the ball on the floor. Also, don't acknowledge that Joe and Buddy struggled with covoid. The haters say the same thing over and over and say nothing when they perform great, but that Kadary and Jesse need more minutes. Both are not ready yet. Stamina and stupid fouls are always a factor with young guys. Perhaps, people should search for a reason why JB does what he's always has done and not take out their frustration on someone that has forgotten more than you currently know.
Saying that Kadary and Jesse are not ready seems pretty hateful to me. Do you know how hard they worked to get where they are today?

Saying that Kadary and Jesse are not ready seems pretty hateful to me. Do you know how hard they worked to get where they are today?

Saying Kadary “isn’t ready” is laughable too. Kid just had 13 points in 15 minutes, and scoring isn’t even his best skill. He’s good. Does a lot of things well.

edit: and the few posters that were ignoring Rutgers and Buffalo and clinging to “all his good games were against bad teams, he can’t play in the ACC yet”, can shut all that down now. His best games are when he plays a lot and has the ball a lot, and is left the hell alone.

Last edited:
Saying Kadary “isn’t ready” is laughable too. Kid just had 13 points in 15 minutes, and scoring isn’t even his best skill. He’s good. Does a lot of things well.

edit: and the few posters that were ignoring Rutgers and Buffalo and clinging to “all his good games were against bad teams, he can’t play in the ACC yet”, can shut all that down now. His best games are when he plays a lot and has the ball a lot, and is left the hell alone.

Kadary is going to be a beast

the more he plays the better he will get.

Exciting young prospect

I feel how hard they worked is irrelevant, and that to say a player is not ready is not even close to a hateful statement.

A hateful statement is more like "Carl Krauser is garbage and I'll see him in Hell."

See? Can you tell how the hate radiates off of that statement?

The one thing that made me mad today was JG's up and under finish at the basket.

Buddy Hustle absolutely sprinted down in transition - I didn't even know that was a thing he did. Definitely have never seen it on defense.

That's insulting to Joe, you know he was expecting him to screw it up! That was like calling him fat with your actions! And actions speak louder than words!

On pregame radio JB said that Kadary is not used to playing significant guard minutes and that there is a lot more running involved. Said by next year his conditioning will be better and he will be ready.
This is jb hiding him this year so he has him longer

I feel how hard they worked is irrelevant, and that to say a player is not ready is not even close to a hateful statement.

A hateful statement is more like "Carl Krauser is garbage and I'll see him in Hell."

See? Can you tell how the hate radiates off of that statement?

Nah. That’s just a statement of fact.

Give us Kadary, Buddy, Joe, Benny, Quincy, Griff, Woody, and just a functional center combo next year (and handle the minutes right - which will be tricky, which is why I say it) and we will be “Syracuse” again.
Unfortunately I don't think Quincy will be at the 'cuse next year. He's already showing up on mock drafts and as reported is a year older than his classmates. He hit one or two threes in the Tech game and the first thing I thought of is how he will be evaluated at the next level. Developing a 3 is something that will go into his potential for success in the NBA.

On pregame radio JB said that Kadary is not used to playing significant guard minutes and that there is a lot more running involved. Said by next year his conditioning will be better and he will be ready.

Are you lost? Do you know where you are right now?? Have you ever been on other programs fan forums? Pretty normal activity here compared to others. This is what we do here lol...talk ish and act like we know more then hof coaches! Its what keeps us all coming back...but sure let's make it boring and nothing but praise!

Are you lost? Do you know where you are right now?? Have you ever been on other programs fan forums? Pretty normal activity here compared to others. This is what we do here lol...talk ish and act like we know more then hof coaches! Its what keeps us all coming back...but sure let's make it boring and nothing but praise!
The ability to vent here is actually cathartic. It is actually therapeutic instead of keeping it all pent up in my head. This forum is good for my mental health and like spilling your guts to a shrink about all the fallabilities of SU sports.

Last edited:
Give us Kadary, Buddy, Joe, Benny, Quincy, Griff, Woody, and just a functional center combo next year (and handle the minutes right - which will be tricky, which is why I say it) and we will be “Syracuse” again.
Quincy will not be back. He's getting drafted and quite possibly in the 1st round

Quincy will not be back. He's getting drafted and quite possibly in the 1st round
Q will be 22 in May. He’s gone.

I hope he gets drafted but he’s an NBA tweener. It’s a tough niche to carve out. Oshae is probably a better prospect and he’s on the outside looking in already.

Trust you? Not on your life. BTW calling him "fat" and saying "cinder blocks on his feet" are hateful things to say even if you are an insider, which I doubt you are.
Cinder blocks on his feet is not hatetful - in means that he is slow - and when the guy on the bench is an all world defender and the K. Leonard of college hoops defensively - well, it drives some of us nutz - both Joe and Buddy are great basketball players that struggle at times because they just are not ACC athletic level

I think the fewer minutes helps Joe. Along with Covid recovery obviously.

I will lay this out again so that people who post may learn something. When Joe shoots long range 3's, it is with the full blessing of the coaching staff. People who make such asinine statements like Joe can do what he wants because he's Buddy's friend are insulting and moronic. To say that coach Boeheim would allow that is just plain stupid. It's also insulting to the assistant coaches, especially Red, who is the chief of staff. Do you think these assistant coaches would not give their opinion, strongly, to Boeheim about this? Their reputation and career is at stake. No high school coach would let a player do that unless they were a buffoon. In practice, during practice games, he must nail these long range shots at a decent percentage. Do you know what kind of weapon that is? It appears that opposing coaches already have instructed their teams not to lose him in transition or he will light you up. When you have a player who isn't the guy you're playing in your mind, you have a problem. It;s hard enough to guard 1 guy. That's why they have played him so much, to get his shooting on track, shooters need to get the rhythm and get in a groove. He is there now, and the team is there now, and they are going down to John Paul Jones and coming back with a W.

Quincy’s problem he won’t be able to guard threes in the NBA and is too small to guard four men. He will not make it in the NBA. That doesn’t make him a bad player, just not an NBA player.

Quincy’s problem he won’t be able to guard threes in the NBA and is too small to guard four men. He will not make it in the NBA. That doesn’t make him a bad player, just not an NBA player.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but if Q can even maybe get drafted, he has to go this year. There is a chance '22 is when the NBA lifts the HS restrictions and the double draft hits.

nobody on this team is an obvious nba caliber guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom