The key play of the game? | Syracusefan.com

The key play of the game?

SWC75

Bored Historian
Looking over the play-by-play, I came across a play I had forgotten about that may have been the key play of the game:

Georgia Tech at 01:29
1st and 10 at GaT41 Georgia Tech drive start at 01:29.
1st and 10 at GaT41 No Huddle-Shotgun Haynes,Jamal rush right for 5 yards gain to the GaTech46 (Barnes Jr.,Marcellus).
2nd and 5 at GaT46 No Huddle-Shotgun King,Haynes pass complete short right to Haynes,Jamal caught at SYRA49, for 5 yards to the SYRA49, End Of Play, 1ST DOWN.
1st and 10 at SYR49 No Huddle-Shotgun Singleton, Jr.,Eric rush left for 3 yards gain to the SYRA46 (Barnes Jr.,Marcellus; Barron,Justin).
2nd and 7 at SYR46 No Huddle-Shotgun King,Haynes pass complete short left to Rutherford,Malik caught at SYRA49, for 0 yards to the SYRA46 (Buxton III,Berry).
3rd and 7 at SYR46 Timeout Georgia Tech, clock 00:25.
3rd and 7 at SYR46 No Huddle-Shotgun King,Haynes rush right for 4 yards gain to the SYRA42 (Barron,Justin).
4th and 3 at SYR42 Timeout Syracuse, clock 00:13.
4th and 3 at SYR42 No Huddle-Shotgun King,Haynes pass complete short right to Singleton, Jr.,Eric caught at SYRA35, for 14 yards to the SYRA28 (Sparrow,Anwar), 1ST DOWN.
1st and 10 at SYR28 No Huddle-Shotgun King,Haynes pass incomplete, Spike.
2nd and 10 at SYR28 Birr,Aidan field goal attempt from 45 yards NO GOOD (H: Shanahan,David, LS: Freer,Henry), clock 00:00.

From Lindy's pre-season magazine: "Aidan Burr took over the kicking duties midseason and made 14 of 16 field goals attempts. He nailed a 62 yard field goal in the Jacket's 2024 spring game."

My personal play of the game was Diggs blowing up the O-lineman to get the 4th & 1 stop. It was savage. I felt bad for #67.
I thought so too at that moment. But the 3rd and 10 completion to Gadsden late in the 4th Q was huge. We were deep in our end, GT had just scored twice, had some momentum, and a a few timeouts left. What a relief to not have to punt there!

The KEY play was GT deciding to kick off and not try a 2nd onside kick. They had to stop us anyway. A fg was not a killer if we got on either.

Giving our offense a chance to win and not our D is good for us

I think the key of the game was when their coach and QB first looked across the line and saw Fadil Diggs at LB. It's hard to quantify how much this threw them off but it surely did as there was no way in the world to predict / plan for that. Even if they will never admit it, but I bet it was a bit of an oh s$it moment.

Also vote for the blow up of 67. Unforgettable that.

The KEY play was GT deciding to kick off and not try a 2nd onside kick. They had to stop us anyway. A fg was not a killer if we got on either.

Giving our offense a chance to win and not our D is good for us
Yup. As Millhouse said, those are the kind of decisions you count on from a guy in short sleeve sweatshirt

He didn't disappoint.

Also vote for the blow up of 67. Unforgettable that.
That 4th down play is one of those fist pump moments that will make it into the season highlight reel.

I hope they don't shelve that 3-3 stack and keep it in their back pocket when the situation calls for it.

My personal play of the game was Diggs blowing up the O-lineman to get the 4th & 1 stop. It was savage. I felt bad for #67.
I just saw that. He murdered that guy with the Smith move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom