The lack of interior athleticism | Syracusefan.com

The lack of interior athleticism

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
There was a moment in the game where DaJuan caught a ball at the top of the key unguarded, he charged down the lane and for a short moment I thought (or hoped) that he was going to rise up and cram on someone... Instead it turned into an awkward contested right handed layup that did not even hit rim. Wide open coming down the lane and just the inability to make an athletic play (like a dunk) just sums it up. Coleman is what he is, so I won't sweat that, but I just wonder why he does not take more charges to make up for blocking inability on defense. Lydon is a good shot blocker, but only as a secondary defender. Teams typically fear the zone and shot blocking, this year it's a non-factor

It's another reason why adding man-to-man as a wrinkle might be a good idea. Let Coleman try to use his weight to push people away from the basket - it might have helped slow down that chump on G'Town who ate us up. I'm not sure what you do to address the rebounding issue - but it seems like we should try something. St Johns couldn't score on Niagara, they sliced us up like we were a JV squad.

I think that both Lydon / Roberson are athletic as hell--their issue is more lack of size / bulk. Coleman is diminished after his injury, but still capable of playing better than what he's shown.

The pivot is a huge problem on BOTH ends of the floor this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom