The lack of sheer ecstasy on this forum... | Syracusefan.com

The lack of sheer ecstasy on this forum...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
From the Ennis commitment tells me that the The Pay Side knew well before today. I figured there would be a huge "OMG THIS IS AWESOME" thread, but I have seen the exact opposite. Either everyone is asleep, or no one is surprised (ie, this was the worst kept secret in SyracuseFan Land).

Welcome aboard, Tyler!!!

From the Ennis commitment tells me that the The Pay Side knew well before today. I figured there would be a huge "OMG THIS IS AWESOME" thread, but I have seen the exact opposite. Either everyone is asleep, or no one is surprised (ie, this was the worst kept secret in SyracuseFan Land).

Welcome aboard, Tyler!!!
Payside folks got an IM yesterday.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Welcome aboard, Tyler!!!

We are getting spoiled. Tremendous job (again) by the staff.

It's a bitch when the payside is free and you still can't get the inside dish.;)

It's all about buying the right guy a beer. A $5.00 Dome beer can go a long way around here. ;)

Welcome aboard, Tyler!!!

If you follow Francis03 (who is the freakin' man imho) it was pretty clear before today...I havent been checking in much (honestly the negatory stuff drives me away) but I do read his stuff in recruiting.

We act like we've been there before. We're used to 5 star recruits.

Now if we get a kid who can juggle 3 basketballs while on a skateboard ... :D

we have become a school who picks and chooses as opposed to one who recruits.

Kudos to a certain someone who tipped this to me last week. You know who you are.

WE GOT ENNIS?!?!?!??!?!? YES!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUSE IS IN DA MUTHAF'IN HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hows that?

We act like we've been there before. We're used to 5 star recruits.

Now if we get a kid who can juggle 3 basketballs while on a skateboard ... :D

If Marrone could reel in a 5* recruit, the football board would explode in happiness. Demonstrates the relative between the two programs.

None of the Louisville staff went to see him at all in July...so you had to figure he was 100% ours. Not much sweating on this one.

i must say that the "pay side" boys acting elite over other fans is a bit ridiculous. You guys aren't working for the press so if you have information why keep it from others honestly? This i will never understand or respect.

We weren't exactly stacked in 09-10.
Arinze was a two star andy a one joseph a three I think. I think Wes was a two or three that exploded. Rick and Scoop were the fours and probably the 4th and 5th men.
Yet that team was one of the best two in college ball two years ago.

Then we had last year which we were again one of the top 2 programs out there. But let it be known, Fab, Rak, even Dion to a extent were 5 stars but more on their body then their skill promises. They had the potential but a ways to go. Curious to see if Rak will develop into a true 4. DC2 defenently wasn't there speed wise in the AA game. I think its ok to say we have Earned it, and there should be no surprise factor.

Ennis is expecting PT as a fresh. Hes expecting Rak DC Fair or Grant inside to get the ball to.
It sounds like either MCW is going to blow up this year and Ennis knew something at the King of Kings.

You always hear I miss this place big time with a true heart.
Theres just something about Cuse basketball.

It doesn't surprise me one bit! Were top 5 all time in winnengest programs, with a Seasoned Coach who is teaching Hop who was also at the olympics all he knows.

Sounds like there is plenty of sheer ecstasy to me, because we are expecting to get good ones now. And its deserved. We just grabbed a top 4 PG in 2013, who is probably more of a true point guard then one or two of the guys ahead of him. He also has a nice looking shot for SG let alone a point. Needs to try out a midrange jumper some and work on the D a bit, but that is Awesome!

It was pretty much posted he is 98% ours on the recruiting board what more do you need to hear?

we have become a school who picks and chooses as opposed to one who recruits.
I know we've touched on this topic before, but what recruiting class really set us over the edge with this?

We went from guys like McCroskey, Gorman, and Josh Wright to Flynn and Donte Greene in a matter of a few years (and it's not like we won a title in between those)

I'd say that mega-class with Flynn, Greene, Rick, and Scoop kind of started the trend of big time recruiting. Harris and Devendorf were nice gets too (although not together), but I think that Flynn class really set the bar.