The lack of sheer ecstasy on this forum... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The lack of sheer ecstasy on this forum...

WE GOT ENNIS?!?!?!??!?!? YES!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! **** YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUSE IS IN DA MUTHAF'IN HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hows that?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15658-1338995006-8.gif

We weren't exactly stacked in 09-10.
Arinze was a two star andy a one joseph a three I think. I think Wes was a two or three that exploded. Rick and Scoop were the fours and probably the 4th and 5th men.
Yet that team was one of the best two in college ball two years ago.

Then we had last year which we were again one of the top 2 programs out there. But let it be known, Fab, Rak, even Dion to a extent were 5 stars but more on their body then their skill promises. They had the potential but a ways to go. Curious to see if Rak will develop into a true 4. DC2 defenently wasn't there speed wise in the AA game. I think its ok to say we have Earned it, and there should be no surprise factor.

Ennis is expecting PT as a fresh. Hes expecting Rak DC Fair or Grant inside to get the ball to.
It sounds like either MCW is going to blow up this year and Ennis knew something at the King of Kings.

Typically though kids are better off spending a few years at College reguardless. All our guys who jump feel that way.
And our kids Love syracuse. You always hear I miss this place big time with a true heart.
Theres just something about Cuse basketball.

It doesn't surprise me one bit! Were top 5 all time in winnengest programs, with a Seasoned Coach who is teaching Hop who was also at the olympics all he knows.
Sounds like there is plenty of sheer ecstasy to me, because we are expecting to get good ones now. And its deserved. We just grabbed a top 4 PG in 2013, who is probably more of a true point guard then probably one or two of the guys ahead of him. He also has a nice looking shot for SG let alone a point. Needs to try out a midrange jumper some and work on the D a bit, but that is Awesome!

It was pretty much posted he is 98% ours on the recruiting board what more do you need to hear?

Chill, dude. I was being a wise ass.

We weren't exactly stacked in 09-10.
Arinze was a two star andy a one joseph a three I think. I think Wes was a two or three that exploded. Rick and Scoop were the fours and probably the 4th and 5th men.
Yet that team was one of the best two in college ball two years ago.

Then we had last year which we were again one of the top 2 programs out there. But let it be known, Fab, Rak, even Dion to a extent were 5 stars but more on their body then their skill promises. They had the potential but a ways to go. Curious to see if Rak will develop into a true 4. DC2 defenently wasn't there speed wise in the AA game. I think its ok to say we have Earned it, and there should be no surprise factor.

Ennis is expecting PT as a fresh. Hes expecting Rak DC Fair or Grant inside to get the ball to.
It sounds like either MCW is going to blow up this year and Ennis knew something at the King of Kings.

You always hear I miss this place big time with a true heart.
Theres just something about Cuse basketball.

It doesn't surprise me one bit! Were top 5 all time in winnengest programs, with a Seasoned Coach who is teaching Hop who was also at the olympics all he knows.

Sounds like there is plenty of sheer ecstasy to me, because we are expecting to get good ones now. And its deserved. We just grabbed a top 4 PG in 2013, who is probably more of a true point guard then one or two of the guys ahead of him. He also has a nice looking shot for SG let alone a point. Needs to try out a midrange jumper some and work on the D a bit, but that is Awesome!

It was pretty much posted he is 98% ours on the recruiting board what more do you need to hear?

This reads like you have been sipping a little bit of grandpa's old moonshine. Yikes. The parts I can understand, I agree somewhat with (I think). But I completely disagree that because some posts said the kid was "98% ours" that we shouldn't be excited. You can't have followed recruiting much at all if you think there are any guarantees in this until the kid signs on the dotted line (heck, he could still change his mind even now if he wanted). This is big news, period. There should be more buzz here in my not-important opinion.

I know we've touched on this topic before, but what recruiting class really set us over the edge with this?

We went from guys like McCroskey, Gorman, and Josh Wright to Flynn and Donte Greene in a matter of a few years (and it's not like we won a title in between those)

I'd say that mega-class with Flynn, Greene, Rick, and Scoop kind of started the trend of big time recruiting. Harris and Devendorf were nice gets too (although not together), but I think that Flynn class really set the bar.

I think we really started to get rolling in 2000 when Edelin committed.

Keep in mind McCroskey and Gorman were part of pretty highly rated classes (Nichols, Watkins, and Roberts were highly regarded IIRC and the other guys in Gorman's class go without saying), and I'm pretty sure the staff WANTED Josh Wright. That, IMO, sets them apart from classes before 2000 (ie Davis/Thues)

This reads like you have been sipping a little bit of grandpa's old moonshine. Yikes. The parts I can understand, I agree somewhat with (I think). But I completely disagree that because some posts said the kid was "98% ours" that we shouldn't be excited. You can't have followed recruiting much at all if you think there are any guarantees in this until the kid signs on the dotted line (heck, he could still change his mind even now if he wanted). This is big news, period. There should be more buzz here in my not-important opinion.

It's hard to get excited when you KNOW for a month that the guy is coming here.

We really are.

The days of James Thues, Greg Davis and Matt Gorman are long gone.

Matty Gorman might have turned into a player at a different school, where he got force fed the minutes. He had real skills for a player of his size.

I know we've touched on this topic before, but what recruiting class really set us over the edge with this?

We went from guys like McCroskey, Gorman, and Josh Wright to Flynn and Donte Greene in a matter of a few years (and it's not like we won a title in between those)

I'd say that mega-class with Flynn, Greene, Rick, and Scoop kind of started the trend of big time recruiting. Harris and Devendorf were nice gets too (although not together), but I think that Flynn class really set the bar.

I agree. also think a combination of Gerry's run in the 2006 BET where we were America's sweetheart that entire week and 6OT didn't hurt.

Those two events really elevated us in an otherwise mediocre period as far as results until that 09 Sweet 16.

And we can't forget the Melo Center, which is probably the biggest. The Dome is still a plus and the fact that we are starting to fill it up again - even our December cupcakes get 17,000 when uconn can't even fill up Gampel for their early games - has to help.

Cantor and SU's mostly masterful handling of the crisis last year has allowed us to completely weather that storm to the point where only a few of our deluded former Big East rivals and PSU fans put any blame on Syracuse for what may have happened.

Also, winning a ton of games the last four years doesn't hurt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I too am very surprised at the collective thud of this great news. I blame it on the horrible split between the basketball board and the "recruiting board" which I absolutely hate.

Yes, this was a horrible decision IMO. I don't see the point or benefit of doing that in any way shape or form.

PC - I agree. Huge get! By far the greatest area of need, filled with the guy the staff has wanted for a long time!

Also done in a beautiful timely fashion. I know of at least one poster that went into a state of panic at the rumor that this recruitment might extend into the Spring.

By far the biggest need, filled with the person the staff has wanted, completed in a timely fashion. Nice.

I will only speak for myself. I am very ecstatic about getting Tyler.

I think a big part of what you are perceiving is twofold:

1. As mentioned above a split between recruiting & basketball boards. This splits the enthusiasm rather than allowing it to accumulate upon itself.

2. A reluctance to start new threads. In the past 30 posters would have started a new thread on Ennis's commitment. Now that is discouraged so it creates an ambiance that nobody is excited. I happen to think everybody is excited, but forum decorum makes it seem like this is ho-hum. I first learned about Tyler's commitment from the 243rd post in the Ennis thread on the recruiting board. We have gone to the other extreme w this forum decorum. Legitimate news deserves it's own thread.

I think we really started to get rolling in 2000 when Edelin committed.

Keep in mind McCroskey and Gorman were part of pretty highly rated classes (Nichols, Watkins, and Roberts were highly regarded IIRC and the other guys in Gorman's class go without saying), and I'm pretty sure the staff WANTED Josh Wright. That, IMO, sets them apart from classes before 2000 (ie Davis/Thues)
Agree 100%.

This entire run traces back to Edelin.

We haven't had a bad recruiting class since. We've had some good recruiting classes that didn't pan out (or that completely flamed out), but there hasn't been a single bad class since Edelin.

Yeah we HAD to get this kid... but it had seemed like he was ours to lose for months. If he had gone elsewhere you would have seen a panic explosion, which demonstrates the same amount of importance to the fans.

We really are.

The days of James Thues, Greg Davis and Matt Gorman are long gone.

I wouldn't say that -- Matt Gorman would be all Big 10.

I think the excitement is tempered only because we in this board have expected his commitment for a long time.

It has nothing to do with separate boards. We don't have that problem with football. The basketball recruiting board is for prior to a kid committing. After he commits, he's an Orangeman and everything should go on the basketball forum.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

for me, it is more a huge sigh of relief. Because of the current roster distribution, Ennis was a must-have. The 2013 class would have been a failure without a quality point, regardless of who else was signed. And, Ennis alone makes the class a success, even without anyone else.

for me, it is more a huge sigh of relief. Because of the current roster distribution, Ennis was a must-have. The 2013 class would have been a failure without a quality point, regardless of who else was signed. And, Ennis alone makes the class a success, even without anyone else.
Agreed. We desperately needed a quality point guard, because MCW could easily blow up and go pro, leaving us with Cooney and Silent G as our only guards on the roster. Hopefully MCW comes back for his junior year so Ennis can gain have more of a learning curve instead of being handed the reins immediately upon arrival.

Well I'm excited. I went through two pairs of underwear just last night after we got the news!

Well this thread has taken a turn for the disconcerting.

Probably all of the ecstasy.

Well this thread has taken a turn for the disconcerting.

Probably all of the ecstasy.
Sorry about that jekelish! My fault this time.

Well I'm excited. I went through two pairs of underwear just last night after we got the news!

talk to albany, he can teach you how to shoot it into a tissue

This is why it's important to check the board every day if possible.

I think the excitement is tempered only because we in this board have expected his commitment for a long time.

It has nothing to do with separate boards. We don't have that problem with football. The basketball recruiting board is for prior to a kid committing. After he commits, he's an Orangeman and everything should go on the basketball forum.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I'd disagree, Bees. BB recruiting is about far fewer numbers than football. Threads on BB recruits have worked well until we got to Noel and only then did it get a little crazy. It's good to have everything in one room. There was good reason to move Fine, but questionable with recruiting.