The last Syracuse Chiefs game | Syracusefan.com

The last Syracuse Chiefs game

SWC75

Bored Historian
...was today. I attended as i always do, weather permitting, (it beats opening day which is often played in 30-40 degree temperatures). SUTOMCAT will want to know that the national anthem was played by a band consisting of four tubas, (although i think they were sousaphones with the opening turned forward). it was a quickly paid game, as last games tend to be, (The players want to go home or to where the club sends them next so they don't take many pitches)> it was also a very well-pitched game, which the Chiefs won 2-0. This game allowed them to stay out of last place as the Bison would have finished percentage points ahead of them had they won.

it was not only the last game of the season but the last game in which the team will be called the Chiefs. The Mets want to call them the Mets. There is a local movement to call them the Salt Potatoes, a local specialty since the days that workers at the salt works boiled potatoes in salt brine for lunch. it was also the end of the 10 year relationship with the nationals. I'll no longer have to root for a player when he's in Syracuse and against him when he moves to Washington. I'm a met fan and it will be Mets all the way.

The end of community ownership was last year. we now enter the period where this community needs to prove it wants baseball here so the Mets will keep it here.

...The end of community ownership was last year. we now enter the period where this community needs to prove it wants baseball here so the Mets will keep it here.
Does the community want baseball or do they just want to keep bellyaching about where the stadium is located?

So glad the mets are coming to syracuse. Made no sense being in Vegas.

That seems like a good thing if you need to call someone up in an emergency that he won't take all day to get there.

I went to probably 10 games this year and there couldn't have been 2500 in the stands for any one of them (and some had 1,000 max). The average attendance number seemed juiced to me, but i know Jason doesn't do that like the Simone's did, but that number seems inflated.

Mets Alonso hit a walkoff home run in their last game too.

As a Mets fan, I'll be all over the team for as long as they're in Syracuse. Do we know when they might announce the name change? It's never to early to start selling merchandise for next year and get fans excited for ticket packages!

Also, what are the chances that the Mets stay here more than 5 years? OttoMets do you have any insider insight?

That'll be a nice cross country trip if someone gets hurt and you need someone from AAA in a hurry.

There aren't enough Eastern AAA teams to go around. Someone always gets the short straw. It used to be the Mets, and it was Toronto before that.

Las Vegas just signed with Oakland.

Fresno and the Nats are the odd men out in this cycle.

When will this name change happen? And when do we assume they'll need
That'll be a nice cross country trip if someone gets hurt and you need someone from AAA in a hurry.

Excuse me if I don't really care how far Nats AAA players need to travel to get to the big club after what the Mets have gone through for the past number of years.

Also, what are the chances that the Mets stay here more than 5 years? OttoMets do you have any insider insight?

tenor.gif

The Nats will stack their Double A Harrisburg team.

The Nats will stack their Double A Harrisburg team.

What would it take for them to upgrade the Potomac Nats? Is it capacity? Go from 6k to 12k?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom