The last time Syracuse hasn’t lost 5 games in a season by 14+ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The last time Syracuse hasn’t lost 5 games in a season by 14+

Ugh the worst part of all of this is you're right, I don't see how next year's team is any better than this year's. The only thing that we can really hope for is that next year's team has more shooters and the days of thinking that 34% from three makes someone an adequate three point shooter are gone.

If we can get a true PG and a real big man that isn't as muscular as I am (I'm not at all) then maybe we can be a 7-8 seed in 2021?
I don’t think this is accurate. You can feel otherwise but sanctions aren’t why our targets aren’t the same quality IMO.

We specifically recruited Howard to be our PG. The days of going out and nabbing Jonny Flynn are long gone.

Last edited:
If we can get a true PG and a real big man that isn't as muscular as I am (

We specifically recruited Howard to be our PG. The days of going out and nabbing Jonny Flynn are long gone.

Howard was not the preferred PG target in that class. Far far far from it

If we can get a true PG and a real big man that isn't as muscular as I am (

Until we got Joe G I didn’t believe we would recruit a Jonny Flynn type PG because of the fit for the zone.
Thank goodness though we recruited Joe G as that tells me JB realizes he does need some offense first and shooting recruits.

4, 1, 3, 1, 4, 3: our tourney seedings from 2009-2014

ineligible(would have been NIT), 10, NIT, 11: our tourney seedings/not in the tourney from 2015-2018

two nice runs aside, this team has been a study in mediocrity for 5 years now, and it is painful

ineligible(would have been NIT), 10, NIT, 11: our tourney seedings/not in the tourney from 2015-2018

two nice runs aside, this team has been a study in mediocrity for 5 years now, and it is painful

But I guess my point with the blowouts, is even the 10 seed team w Cooney and G either fought when they were down or had the talent to stay close. To get blown out so often suggests our talent isn’t close to these teams (which I don’t believe) or we are accepting defeat very quickly.

here is another great stat for you.

we went on a 5 game winning streak, then a 4 game winning streak, then a 3 game winning streak, then a 2 game winning streak, then a 1 game winnign "streak"

i smell some wins coming.
OR maybe it's - we went on a 5 game winning streak, then a 4 game winning streak, then a 3 game winning streak, then a 2 game winning streak, then a 1 game winning "streak" then a 0 game winning streak!

But I guess my point with the blowouts, is even the 10 seed team w Cooney and G either fought when they were down or had the talent to stay close. To get blown out so often suggests our talent isn’t close to these teams (which I don’t believe) or we are accepting defeat very quickly.

yes, totally understood your point, it may be the latter, don't think it's the former

This is absolutely correct.

Sanctions are a part of it, but not the whole story. Not even close.

There is regression in every facet of the program -- from incoming talent level, to player development, to adjustments made, to getting players to play hard.

Our top committed player last year decided he would rather play in the G-League (and then not play in the G-League) instead of coming to Syracuse.

Our current best player decommitted from the first school he chose before committing to us.

And our starting center couldn't get off the bench for a perennial middle-of-the-pack Big East team.

Actually it was 3,1,3,1,4,3. :)

OR maybe it's - we went on a 5 game winning streak, then a 4 game winning streak, then a 3 game winning streak, then a 2 game winning streak, then a 1 game winning "streak" then a 0 game winning streak!

:oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom