The Last Unbeaten | Syracusefan.com

The Last Unbeaten

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
With Duke losing today, and Kansas earlier this week this is wide open. It's a meaningless accomplishment, heavily dictated by schedule for most teams. but always something interesting to follow.

It's a non traditional bunch of seven teams.

Using the probabilities from RPI Forecast which come from Sagarin, here is the probabilities of the teams to stay undefeated at end of December 31, 2017 and January 10, 2017: (Note - I made an estimate for Miami's Holiday Tournament)

Probability Unbeaten at December 31, 2017:
1. TCU - 59.3%
2. Villanova - 55.2%
3. Miami - 32.3%
4. Florida St -11.0%
5. Miss St - 6.1%
6. Georgetown - 5.2%
7. Arizona St - 3.7%

Probability Unbeaten at January 10, 2018:
1. Villanova - 37.9%
2. Miami - 16.6%
3. TCU - 3.1%
4. Arizona St - 1.3%
5. Florida St -1.0%
6. Georgetown - 0.2%
7. Miss St - 0.1%

So it looks like it will end up being one of Villanova, TCU or Miami. As much as I hate Dixon, and despite his postseason failings, he is a really good coach. Great job running him out Pitt!

With Duke losing today, and Kansas earlier this week this is wide open. It's a meaningless accomplishment, heavily dictated by schedule for most teams. but always something interesting to follow.

Using the probabilities from RPI Forecast which come from Sagarin, here is the probabilities of the teams to stay undefeated at end of December 31, 2017 and January 10, 2017: (Note - I made an estimate for Miami's Holiday Tournament)

1. TCU - 59.3%
2. Villanova - 55.2%
3. Miami - 32.3%
4. Florida St -11.0%
5. Miss St - 6.1%
6. Georgetown - 5.2%
7. Arizona St - 3.7%

1. Villanova - 37.9%
2. Miami - 16.6%
3. TCU - 3.1%
4. Arizona St - 1.3%
5. Florida St -1.0%
6. Georgetown - 0.2%
7. Miss St - 0.1%

So it looks like it will end up being one of Villanova, TCU or Miami. As much as I hate Dixon, and despite his postseason failings, he is a really good coach. Great job running him out Pitt!
I am going to cringe when Syracuse is a 1 or 2 seed in the upcoming years and we see TCU as a potential 2nd round opponent.
The committee will tweak us like that.

I am going to cringe when Syracuse is a 1 or 2 seed in the upcoming years and we see TCU as a potential 2nd round opponent.

Hopefully we have the rebounders we have now.

Nova is the best team so far.

We'll stand a better chance in the tourney where the refs call the games closer. Thus, Dixon's poor post-season record.

1. TCU - 59.3%
2. Villanova - 55.2%
3. Miami - 32.3%
4. Florida St -11.0%
5. Miss St - 6.1%
6. Georgetown - 5.2%
7. Arizona St - 3.7%

1. Villanova - 37.9%
2. Miami - 16.6%
3. TCU - 3.1%
4. Arizona St - 1.3%
5. Florida St -1.0%
6. Georgetown - 0.2%
7. Miss St - 0.1%

Love having your analytic mind embracing the early season.

Arizona St plays at Kansas today. (Started the day at 12.5 point dogs, where I put a little wager, and now down to 11.5)

Arizona St has beat Xavier, St. John's, and Kansas St on neutral courts this year. Kansas has also been so-so the last few games. Like the value in this one.

I wouldn't call Nova "non-traditional". Not only are they an elite program right now but they have quite a history, too.

Villanova Wildcats men's basketball - Wikipedia

I don't disagree on Villanova as a singular team. But it's more of the fact that they are they only school left at their level.

I was looking more of it is as a group rather than as a team by team basis. The rest are just good or middle of the road programs... or bad programs like TCU.

Lasalle was up 38-37 against Villanova at the half. They are now down 5 with 9 minutes to go. BJ Johnson has 18 to lead Lasalle.

Arizona St up 57-52 at Kansas, with about 10 minutes to go.

Arizona St plays a nice tempo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom