The London game | Syracusefan.com

The London game

SWC75

Bored Historian
I was watching NFL Red Zone's montage of every touchdown scored yesterday afternoon:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-redzone-videos

What jumped out at me is that the biggest cheers were in London. And the cheers began as soon as it was realized this could be a scoring play. There are obviously a lot of fans there, starved for live action. It amazes me that the NFL always seems to send mediocre or bad teams over there to advertise their game. Why not a Super Bowl rematch in London each year? Now that would create some excitement!

Mediocre or bad?

:mad:

Go Phins

I thought these games were going to be nationally televised in the U.S., but this went head to head with the 1:00 games (10 am for us on the west)

If they want to bring excitement to London games and encourage teams to jump the pond, play them during the 10:00 am slot EST, or move them to Friday night London time, roughly 3:30 EST.

Who's going to watch an NFL game at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon (12:30 Pacific), or at 10 AM Sunday (7 AM Pacific)?

I was watching NFL Red Zone's montage of every touchdown scored yesterday afternoon:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-redzone-videos

What jumped out at me is that the biggest cheers were in London. And the cheers began as soon as it was realized this could be a scoring play. There are obviously a lot of fans there, starved for live action. It amazes me that the NFL always seems to send mediocre or bad teams over there to advertise their game. Why not a Super Bowl rematch in London each year? Now that would create some excitement!
The cheers for what COULD be a scoring play makes sense. They're used to watching soccer, where the most exciting part is always the build up to a goal. Same sort of thing here.

Who's going to watch an NFL game at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon (12:30 Pacific), or at 10 AM Sunday (7 AM Pacific)?

Plenty of people do it for soccer, and those games are sometimes even earlier.