The Look on Your Face | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Look on Your Face

I know...we were steeled for a long battle. Lil Finn so far has pressed way past normal expectations. He will definitely need one minor surgery in about 12-18 months. His mommy is a speech pathologist so that is a blessing too.
Yep. He will be behind for a bit (he has to be), but that fades rapidly. My 2 year old is completely on target now.

For not killing your kid?
Yes, because she or he was a brat. It's a blessing. It is a wonderful thing. If you you can't figure it out, I guess there is no hope for you. Your grand kids are awesome and they are the best. A treasure. A reward from God. What else can I say.

Hope he is ready to one day take over the tail gating responsibilities for the board!

We had a 29.5 week preemie that was a feeder grower too. I remember thinking how could I ever get mad at her?! Fast forward 9 years and now I know many, many reasons for how I could get mad at her!

When you've talked yourself into seeing 6 wins this season.View attachment 111924

BTW, my grandson on the way home after nearly 5 months in the NICU. He was born at 24.5 weeks and 1lbs 9oz.

We are blessed as a family...looks like only the feeding is an issue right now. Hopefully he will grow out of it. That is a feeding tube proving supplemental breast milk.
Mark if that is not as good as it gets I don't know what is! Fantastic news. We will be sure to have a celebratory drink in his honor tommorow for him coming home. And you know with this kind of news the luck of the Irish is on your guys side , No doubt a big win tomorrow!

Way to gut it Kid! Congrats Mark. Gotta love it when a child skews the odds in the positive direction.

There may be some issues throughout his life, but he already crossed a major hurdle, most of the others will simply be taken in stride.

Congrats, again.

Mark if that is not as good as it gets I don't know what is! Fantastic news. We will be sure to have a celebratory drink in his honor tommorow for him coming home. And you know with this kind of news the luck of the Irish is on your guys side , No doubt a big win tomorrow!
I assume his name is Otto

That's great Mark. Congrats to everyone.

When you've talked yourself into seeing 6 wins this season.View attachment 111924

BTW, my grandson on the way home after nearly 5 months in the NICU. He was born at 24.5 weeks and 1lbs 9oz.

We are blessed as a family...looks like only the feeding is an issue right now. Hopefully he will grow out of it. That is a feeding tube proving supplemental breast milk.

So happy for you, Mark! He's extremely cute. Is he making the "duck face" that all the kids make on social media these days?

I had to read it twice, but I get it now. Think of the scenario of taking your kid to Toys R Us, and thinking maybe I should just leave him here.

They found your kid.

Congratulations to TexanMark.:)

Hope he is ready to one day take over the tail gating responsibilities for the board!

We had a 29.5 week preemie that was a feeder grower too. I remember thinking how could I ever get mad at her?! Fast forward 9 years and now I know many, many reasons for how I could get mad at her!

Oh and one another thing. Born at 2lbs 7oz. Came home though at a hearty 4lbs 4oz. Cuse from the start

Future recruit?

b032378269e3306483c7f2915704d710--su-gears.jpg

First of all, gotta hand it to him getting supplemental breast milk! Who wouldn't want that. And second, if I'm not mistaken, his hand/foot positions are already perfect for stick and rudder!

Last edited:
Congrats Mark. Glad for you and your kids that your grandson made it.

Congrats Mark. Glad for you and your kids that your grandson made it.
Thanks Greg, still a long road ahead. Hopefully he can tackle the feeding thing sooner than later.

I remember when my youngest was in the Neo natal unit. Different experience because he was by far the biggest there, 7lb+, but was 5+ weeks early and was not breathing when delivered.
Scary place, but absolutely wonderful, wonderful people.
Congratulations. Hope mom and dad are doing okay, especially mom, because in my experience they always wonder if something different could have been done, which is the nature of being a mom.
Best of luck to all.