The Masters | Syracusefan.com

The Masters

gocusecaz

Scout Team
After trying for 29 years I finally hit the lottery. I am going to the Wednesday practice round. Flying into Columbia and staying there. Driving down from there Wednesday morning. I have googled and Youtubed about what to expect. Any bits of tips would be appreciated.

work on your cardio.

be prepared that if the weather sucks players will not be playing.

- Parking is free at the course. Don’t pay attention to any “pay lots” on the way there.
- Get there as early as possible and immediately hit up the merchandise.
- Once you’ve purchased your merch, bring it back to your car. You’re allowed up to 3 gate entries.
- As you’re going on Wednesday, take advantage of being able to use a camera.
- Make sure you get over to Amen Corner, but don’t park yourself there the entire day.
- Save your drink cups, as they are dishwasher safe and a bonus “free” collectable.
- The least crowded concessions area is on the right side of the #2 fairway.
- Get an egg salad sandwich, pimento cheese sandwich and/or a chicken sandwich. Can’t go wrong with any of them.
- Make sure to get a Peach Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Most of the concession “snack” items are Masters branded. These are good little souvenirs you can give people.
- MMOGolf.com resells Masters merch. If you check their site on that Monday or Tuesday, they may already have pictures up of some of the 2019 products. That way, if you’re buying hats for people, you can have them tell you exactly what hat.

I’m sure some other stuff will come to mind and I’ll post some more.

Last edited:
- Parking is free at the course. Don’t pay attention to any “pay lots” on the way there.
- Get there as early as possible and immediately hit up the merchandise.
- Once you’ve purchased your merch, bring it back to your car. You’re allowed up to 3 gate entries.
- As you’re going on Wednesday, take advantage of being able to use a camera.
- Make sure you get over to Amen Corner, but don’t park yourself there the entire day.
- Save your drink cups, as they are dishwasher safe and a bonus “free” collectable.
- The least crowded concessions area is on the right side of the #2 fairway.
- Get an egg salad sandwich, pimento cheese sandwich and/or a chicken sandwich. Can’t go wrong with any of them.
- Make sure to get a Peach Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Most of the concession “snack” items are Masters branded. These are good little souvenirs you can give people.
- MMOGolf.com resells Masters merch. If you check their site on that Monday or Tuesday, they may already have pictures up of some of the 2019 products. That way, if you’re buying hats for people, you can have them tell you exactly what hat.

I’m sure some other stuff will come to mind and I’ll post some more.
Thanks for the info. Had planned to get to the parking lot around 7.

You can ship your items on the spot. Be prepared to spend a small fortune. Plan out your shopping and understand the impulse thing will happen.

Buy a tailgating chair.

Walk the course - it's hillier than you think.

You'll leave with a million plastic beer cups. Best 3 days...

You can ship your items on the spot. Be prepared to spend a small fortune. Plan out your shopping and understand the impulse thing will happen.

Buy a tailgating chair.

Walk the course - it's hillier than you think.

You'll leave with a million plastic beer cups. Best 3 days...
Have been doing some walking to get into some sort of shape. Have included a few hills to help with the elevation changes. A couple of the sights said to walk the back 9 first. Glad I am going to be there on Wednesday as I really want to see the par 3 contest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom