The Medicine Game 09/24 | Syracusefan.com

The Medicine Game 09/24

WoodyUK

Lax Maven
Two brothers from the Onondaga Nation pursue their dreams of playing lacrosse for Syracuse University. With the dream nearly in reach, the boys are caught in a constant struggle to define their Native identity, live-up to their family's expectations and balance challenges on and off the Reservation.

http://www.visionmakermedia.org/films/medicine-game

Dont miss it!

Bummer. Not being televised in Connecticut or the NY Metro area.

My DVD arrived on Saturday. It is no "hoop dreams", which it maybe could have been, but it is a good piece. Maybe a good-to-really-good piece.

I've done sprints up that same dam, and heard stories of the old time laxers using it as well. It's extremely cool to see it on film.

Some additional detail maybe would have raised it to the next level in my opinion. Things like the fact that the Thompsons, I believe, only spoke Mohawk for a fairly long time. If I recall correctly, they began learning english very, very late.

I would have liked more detail at the end. There was a missed opportunity to make Lyle and Mile a bigger part of the story. Those two would have made for an interesting success story to contrast with the other Thompsons. Obviously Jeremy was eventually a success story, God, I would have loved 4 years of him. But, Lyle and Mile, one of them, may just end up winning the Tewaarton. It would have been interesting to see what they did differently to avoid ineligibility. And if this release could have waited until Lyle or Mile win the Tewaarton or the NC, that would have been cool.

Why were there no quotes or comments from Desko?

Interesting to see how the older Thompson brothers dreamed about going to SU, but the Lyle and Mile do not express that in the video.

I loved the shots of their 2 on 2 games.

The Storer Auditorium at Onondaga Community College will host the first public screening of the feature-length documentary film The Medicine Game at 7:00 p.m. EST on Saturday, October 26, 2013. The screening will be followed by an audience Q&A session with Syracuse filmmakers Lukas Korver and Jason Halpin on the creation of the film, and Jeremy, Hiana, and their parents Jerome Sr. and Dee Thompson, on their story that inspired the film.

http://gear.insidelacrosse.com/news...me-sceening-onondaga-community-college-oct-26