The Mighty Macs | Syracusefan.com

The Mighty Macs

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Tomcat recommended this movie and now I'm recommending it to you.

Here are a few articles about the movie & story

Movie will introduce many to Cathy Rush

The one that started it all - NCAA.com

The Mighty Macs

Some interesting facts surrounding the story. Cathy Rush was married to Ed Rush head of NBA officials. One of the players on the team is married to Phil Martelli. The Mighty Macs had no scholarships, washed their own uniforms, carpooled to games, had terrible facilities and yet overcame all of this to win three straight national championships.

Cathy Rush only coached 7 years, she compiled 149-15 record and 6 national championship appearances. I could not find an explanation as to why she retired so young, 31 years old.

Cathy Rush only coached 6 years, she compiled 149-15 record and 6 national championship appearances. I could not find an explanation as to why she retired so young, 31 years old.

Championships in 72, 73 & 74
Championship Appearances in 75, 76 & 77

Clearly the program was on the decline, probably couldn't hold off the angry boosters.

Championships in 72, 73 & 74
Championship Appearances in 75, 76 & 77

Clearly the program was on the decline, probably couldn't hold off the angry boosters.
I she had played man, she would have won 6 straight

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

When the movie was released to DVD, my daughter's b-ball team came over to the house and watched it. Nice little movie.

The girl who plays Lizanne Caulfield (Kim Blair) is a colleague of mine.

When the movie was released to DVD, my daughter's b-ball team came over to the house and watched it. Nice little movie.

The girl who plays Lizanne Caulfield (Kim Blair) is a colleague of mine.

images

Kim Blair

Did you know the nuns in the pews who were passing the tryout sheet in church were the actual members of the 1972 national championship team? Cathy Rush had a cameo as a bank teller, her ex Ed Rush was in a street scene where he showed the Might Mac pin. The actresses who played the part of players were all actual basketball players, most acting for the first time. That Immaculata now plays at the D3 level.

All in all it was a nice story, one that you can watch with the entire family.