The mind boggles... | Syracusefan.com

The mind boggles...

Scooch

Living Legend
Comments from the Baylor AD...

According to the results of a poll released Monday commissioned by Baylor and conducted by KRC Research, college football fans prefer traditional rivalries and regional conferences over super-conferences. According to the poll of 1,500 college graduates within Big 12 states, conducted this past weekend, 76 percent of fans said they would be disappointed by the creation of super-conferences.

Brown turned impassioned in the Big 12's weekly football conference call with the league's coaches and media. "As much as we talk about money," Brown said, "as much as we talk about college football, as much as we talk about realignment, as much as we talk about great games, playoffs and all that stuff, we better go back and make sure that we're taking care of the players and that the players and the high school coaches are always considered in the equation.

"Because if not, we're not going to have a game, and they're the ones that are playing. And, for parents to travel all the way across the country is going to put a bigger burden on them."

I'm sure Baylor made a similarly impassioned plea in the early 90s for the Big 8 to include poor Rice, Houston and SMU in the Big XII, right? For the children?

I mean obviously asking a parent to go from Austin to Tempe (1,002 miles) or Norman to Boulder (713 miles) is a burden that parents should never be asked to face -- like going from Austin to Iowa City (1,041 miles) or Waco to Columbia (702 miles).

:crazy:

The way the ACC is coming together it actually is going to be easier, if not less total, miles.

The way the ACC is coming together it actually is going to be easier, if not less total, miles.

Yep, years ago we were in an Amtrak conference. Now we're in a Delta Shuttle conference.

Poll of 1500 college graduates within Big 12 states!

That's what you call an extremely biased poll.

Comments from the Baylor AD...

I'm sure Baylor made a similarly impassioned plea in the early 90s for the Big 8 to include poor Rice, Houston and SMU in the Big XII, right? For the children?

I mean obviously asking a parent to go from Austin to Tempe (1,002 miles) or Norman to Boulder (713 miles) is a burden that parents should never be asked to face -- like going from Austin to Iowa City (1,041 miles) or Waco to Columbia (702 miles).

:crazy:
Will he be quoting the fan polls for college football playoffs as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom