The morning after | Syracusefan.com

The morning after

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Still frustrated that we aren't 1-1, and yes, even 2-0, but I am now even more convinced that we get to 7 wins. The BE should be scared, very scared.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

did you get to play soccer yesterday? our fb game was cancelled.

Still frustrated that we aren't 1-1, and yes, even 2-0, but I am now even more convinced that we get to 7 wins. The BE should be scared, very scared.

agreed

It would be nice if Southern Cal gave us an ounce of respect after this game. Here are some quotes from USC:

LB Bailey:
"We did not play well at all," linebacker Dion Bailey said. "We can't give up 29 points. We made too many mistakes and could lose if we play a better team."

"We thought (the crowd) would be bigger but we played a basketball school," Bailey said.

TE Grimble:
"It was slippery and they were little guys," Grimble said."The hits came one, two, three, four and I kept going."

Coach Kiffin: (on Thomas' interception, which was a pretty good play):

"We tried one and he threw it to the other team," Kiffin said of Barkley's interception.

Pretty disrespectful of a good Cuse effort. They think it's all about them .. the other team is just a distraction, a temporary drag on their greatness.

Heres some of my quotes:

"We tried something when we stopped those west coast pu$$ies on 4th down but Nassib's pass got tipped and the other team got it."

"Theyre supposed to be the so great yet they had to resort to running reverses and about 50 screen passes plays to build a lead?"

"We had the ball with a chance to take the lead in the 4th quarter and let it slip away"

"We outgained them and Nassib outthrew their supposed Heisman candidate, if you can win the Heisman throwing screen passes all game then more power to them."

did you get to play soccer yesterday? our fb game was cancelled.

Yep. The storm was much ado about nothing here and the bad stuff lasted for 10 minutes. And we won 2-1.

Let USC and the national press say what they want. The country saw that SU showed up and played well against the #2 team in the country.

I am thoroughly convinced that we can beat every other team on our schedule.

It would be nice if Southern Cal gave us an ounce of respect after this game. Here are some quotes from USC:

LB Bailey:
"We did not play well at all," linebacker Dion Bailey said. "We can't give up 29 points. We made too many mistakes and could lose if we play a better team."

"We thought (the crowd) would be bigger but we played a basketball school," Bailey said.

TE Grimble:
"It was slippery and they were little guys," Grimble said."The hits came one, two, three, four and I kept going."

"We tried one and he threw it to the other team," Kiffin said of Barkley's interception.

Pretty disrespectful of a good Cuse effort. They think it's all about them .. the other team is just a distraction, a temporary drag on their greatness.

Lane sets the tone for that team. He's an a$$.

Let USC and the national press say what they want. The country saw that SU showed up and played well against the #2 team in the country.

I am thoroughly convinced that we can beat every other team on our schedule.

Amen, a heck of a lot better than the team who showed up at Purdue a few seasons ago.

LB Bailey:

TE Grimble:

and that attitude is why they wont be winning the nc this year. in a espn article they said this was syracuse's superbowl. talk about disrespect .. here is to hoping they lose six games and choke..

and that attitude is why they wont be winning the nc this year. in a espn article they said this was syracuse's superbowl. talk about disrespect .. here is to hoping they lose six games and choke..

Are they able to play in the bowl this year? Have their penalties started?

We are a potent team that needs ot learn how to win. If we do that the talk won't matter, (and is likely to change in our favor: USC might even come to view this as a feather in their cap that they beat us).

Good teams tend to view their fate as being in their own hands and blame themselves for plays that go against them rather than crediting the team. it isn't necessarily a lack of "class".

Pretty much par for the course with them. Always root for whoever they're playing. That's why the rest of the PAC calls it University of Spoiled Children.

LB Bailey:

TE Grimble:

usc's defense was rather porous at times, that we are better than you attitude will earn them a loss or two this year.

LB Bailey:

This is the only quote i found disrespectful, and it's 100% true.

TE Grimble:

Is he talking about the play where 4 of our secondary couldn't wrap him up - was that the same dude? It seems the slippery comment is actually him being modest, and they were little guys compared to him. He was a big dude.

Kiffin sucks, but he did go off on that guy that hit Nassib late - got in his face and kept yelling "what the was that" and took him off the field. Probably because they got a first down, and not for the late hit itself, but still was nice to see from the jackass. Probably also has to be concerned about payback on Barkley. They had put the game out of reach by then though - so he could have just laughed it off.

LB Bailey:

TE Grimble:

After reading those comments I'm kinda glad we took their center down.

This is the only quote i found disrespectful, and it's 100% true.
I think the point is ... they could have shown a little class by saying one (just ONE) decent thing about an unranked FB team that lit them up for 322/2TDs in the air and was within 5 late in the game.

I'll re-phrase it for you/Bailey: 'I thought they were a basketball school, but their FB team's pretty good'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom